Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wedding car !

Real Name
    Thierry

Wedding car !

Walking with some friends along streets of my city, I discovered near a church this typical french car ready for Hollymoon departure.

I am doubting beetween b&w and color.

Thanks for your reviews

Thierry

Wedding car !

Wedding car !

Real Name
    Mike

Re: Wedding car !

Thierry,

I prefer the colored version, and like how the blue color of the car enhances the colors of the stone and masonry work behind it.

Mike

Real Name
    ajith jayasinghe

Tb72,i am not a pro,i prefer the black &white , because the texture of the wall is nice.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Thierry,

I prefer the colored version, and like how the blue color of the car enhances the colors of the stone and masonry work behind it.

Mike
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by puspa kumara View Post
    Tb72,i am not a pro,i prefer the black &white , because the texture of the wall is nice.
    Thaks for your message ajith. I am like you an hobby photographer

Real Name
    Dave

Hi, I prefer the B/W i think it works better.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by WOODYR View Post
    Hi, I prefer the B/W i think it works better.
    thanks dave

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Surprising as it may seem, I would suggest that the colour version is the stronger image.

I do not think there is enough of a tonal range in the B & W version. The roadway, the car and the walls of eh church are all in, generally, the same quite narrow tonal range.

The colour version, on the other hand, is an image in which colour and not tone, is important. The blue car contrasts wonderfully, in my view, with the grey of the roadway and the stones of the church.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Surprising as it may seem, I would suggest that the colour version is the stronger image.

I do not think there is enough of a tonal range in the B & W version. The roadway, the car and the walls of eh church are all in, generally, the same quite narrow tonal range.

The colour version, on the other hand, is an image in which colour and not tone, is important. The blue car contrasts wonderfully, in my view, with the grey of the roadway and the stones of the church.
    Thanks donald

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

For me I prefer the b&w version, Thierry. If you will exaggerate the colors and contrast and then do the b&w conversion using ACR you will get more tonal range from the image. The colored version lacks the necessary color harmony to make it pop. Reducing it to black and white will allow the viewers to concentrate on lines, curves, textures, and lighting distribution. I played a little bit on your colored image and came up with this edit using ACR on the b&w conversion. I hope you don't mind.

Wedding car !

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    For me I prefer the b&w version, Thierry. If you will exaggerate the colors and contrast and then do the b&w conversion using ACR you will get more tonal range from the image. The colored version lacks the necessary color harmony to make it pop. Reducing it to black and white will allow the viewers to concentrate on lines, curves, textures, and lighting distribution. I played a little bit on your colored image and came up with this edit using ACR on the b&w conversion. I hope you don't mind.

Wedding car !
    Thanks Willie

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This does does surprise me! It was funny when I read the original post, I KNEW you would post that you liked the b&w lol. I agree with your assessment completely.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    This does does surprise me! It was funny when I read the original post, I KNEW you would post that you liked the b&w lol. I agree with your assessment completely.
    thanks for your comment Brian