Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Google+ and Photos

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Google+ and Photos

I just wanted to share one of my experience with Google+ so far. I know it can be argued that social networking maybe getting a bit out of hand but these days but it is nice to have a choice.

I must say the uploading photo option in Google + is well.. outstanding. It's really as simple as dragging and dropping your converted files (from RAW) into an open window and choosing upload.

Not only is it simple to upload but get this... The storage is unlimited! WIN! This is actually a (sort of) link to Picasa but without the 1 gig limit. The restriction on the file size is 20mb per file which is more than adequate I believe.

Google also gives you an option to share the link to the picture unlike Facebook. The last post I did I was able to link all the photos directly from Google+ by just right clicking and selecting the link. So now when I want to share on CiC I can just put my photos there and link.

It was so easy and unrestricted I just can't help but to try and promote this.

if anyone here is a member already please let me know. I'll add you to a circle for Photography.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...09943294262673

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Google+ and Photos

Michael

I'm sure a number of people will find this information useful.

Apologies if it's been on CiC and I missed it, but that B & W of the tree overhanging the field is a beauty.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Michael

I'm sure a number of people will find this information useful.

Apologies if it's been on CiC and I missed it, but that B & W of the tree overhanging the field is a beauty.
    Thanks Donald I took that many moons ago with one of them film cameras. I had to go in this dark room with chemicals to get the negative and then I shined some light on this magical paper to get it to appear!

Out of everything I have ever done that one is my favorite. I'm glad you appreciate it!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by KTHXBAI View Post
    Thanks Donald I took that many moons ago with one of them film cameras. I had to go in this dark room with chemicals to get the negative and then I shined some light on this magical paper to get it to appear!
    Aahh. The old days!!

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Thanks for sharing your experience with Google+. I signed up for an account within the first week and must say that I've been quite happy with it thus far. As you say, the fact that they've integrated their Picasa engine really helps with picture sharing. It's also much cleaner than Facebook, and I really like the simplicity of their "Circles" permissions. Whenever website-specific pages are made available, I'll add a CiC page to Google+ as well. If anyone wants Google+ invites feel free to private message me as well.

PS: You might have already noticed that I've added a Google +1 button to all of the tutorials pages. The position of this button will likely improve later though.
    Last edited by McQ; 27th July 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Unless I am looking a the wrong site (entirely possible) Google+ is currently on a trial run and closed to new members? That said, from what I can tell from the information on the site, it looks great.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    Unless I am looking a the wrong site (entirely possible) Google+ is currently on a trial run and closed to new members? That said, from what I can tell from the information on the site, it looks great.
    You're right Mary - I tried to sign up, currently it's limited to the ones already using it.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    You're right Mary - I tried to sign up, currently it's limited to the ones already using it.
    Phew. Glad I'm not totally losing it... yet.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

I'm sorry I thought it was open! If anyone wants an invite to join just PM me. I will need your email to send an invite.

Real Name
    Bryan

I'm looking for a double check. I'm seen some articles on Google+ and photo rights. Does this seem right to you ....
    Google+ vs. Facebook Photo Sharing Privacy

Google Terms of Service Section 11.

I'm assuming this is the same for Picasa ??

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Denning View Post
    I'm looking for a double check. I'm seen some articles on Google+ and photo rights. Does this seem right to you ....
    Google+ vs. Facebook Photo Sharing Privacy

Google Terms of Service Section 11.

I'm assuming this is the same for Picasa ??
    I don't see anything that stands out as being unusual as compared to other social-style sites that have photo sharing. The key part for me is that Google's rights apply to using these images for their own purposes, and that this right doesn't extend to them re-selling these images and potentially infringing upon one's own sales to clients. "Syndicated services" means things like RSS feeds, Google Reader, FeedBurner, Google+ newsfeeds, etc., which is good online marketing anyways. I agree with you though that these terms of service documents can be a nightmare to wade through and interpret . . .

Real Name
    Bryan

Thanks Sean, I appreciate the feedback.