Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Welcome to the Red Light District

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Welcome to the Red Light District

Taken in a local park in Shepparton yesterday on a very grey and overcast day. Two shots First after a light crop and a bit of PP, and then a second after a bit of PS cloning and some more cropping. C&C always welcomed, please. For how can we improve if we don't seek guidance?

Last edited by ucci; 19th July 2011 at 05:45 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Welcome to the Red Light District

You're really getting into these provocative titles aren't you Ken. As they say, SEX SELLS. You weren't a newspaper sub-editor in an earlier life were you ? Somehow I just can't contemplate "Shepparton" and "Red Light District" in the one sentence.

I like the first image better despite the concrete cows, it's sharper with stronger colours.

Dave

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    You're really getting into these provocative titles aren't you Ken. As they say, SEX SELLS. You weren't a newspaper sub-editor in an earlier life were you ? Somehow I just can't contemplate "Shepparton" and "Red Light District" in the one sentence.

I like the first image better despite the concrete cows, it's sharper with stronger colours.

Dave
    No I wasn't! Probably just my warped mind expressing itself. And you are quite right. Shepp is a bit of a dull, non event, despite its size, and very far removed from anything like Kings Cross.
    Thanks for viewing and comment. Interestingly,# 2 is just a rework of #1 and so the loss of sharpness and colour, which I hadn't really picked up until you pointed it out, has happened following a bit of minor cloning and a crop. I didn't do as told and resharpen after this before saving! Will know better next time!
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Chris

Hi Ken
    Nice images, red is always good as an eye attractor in a photograph.
    I can see what appears to be a horse or maybe even a cow in the distance, had you considered using the bridge as a leading line to the animal in the distance?
    If you moved square on with the bridge, the 2 red lamps would act as a frame for the image lead the eye over the bridge and down to the cow/horse. A telephoto lens would compress the distance between the different components in the image.
    Its just a thought.

Regards

Chris

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by CBImages View Post
    Hi Ken
    Nice images, red is always good as an eye attractor in a photograph.
    I can see what appears to be a horse or maybe even a cow in the distance, had you considered using the bridge as a leading line to the animal in the distance?
    If you moved square on with the bridge, the 2 red lamps would act as a frame for the image lead the eye over the bridge and down to the cow/horse. A telephoto lens would compress the distance between the different components in the image.

Regards

Chris
    \

Hi Chris
    Thanks for feed back and interesting suggestions. I was using a zoom lens. And I was trying to incorporate the red railings into the shot. When I moved square on I ' lost ' them. But I take your point. It is a good thought and would probably result in a much better composition. And the figure in the background was an oddly painted cow sculpture. It was not very atrtactive close up.
    Cheers
    Ken