Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Egremont - Sail Training Headquarters

Egremont - Sail Training Headquarters

This was originally a passenger ferry across the River Mersey but for many years it has been the floating headquarters of the Island Cruising Club which teaches basic sailing skills.

I did play around with this image to remove some white reflections from out of the frame boats, at the top edge. I can still see where they were but hopefully it won't be visible to somebody else

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Egremont - Sail Training Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post

This was originally a passenger ferry across the River Mersey but for many years it has been the floating headquarters of the Island Cruising Club which teaches basic sailing skills.

I did play around with this image to remove some white reflections from out of the frame boats, at the top edge. I can still see where they were but hopefully it won't be visible to somebody else
    Geoff... I saw this earlier... and I hate being the first one to comment. I love the image... I love sailing and just the sight of sailboats whether they're in their slips at the marina, out at a mooring... just one lone sailboat out on the lake, or the ocean where I see them now... or watching a regatta. I think it's just too cool that a ferry is now used as the headquarters of a sailing club!

I like the vibrant colors and the reflections of the masts and boats in the water. It's a really colorful image with the boats, sails, buoys and the water. As far as technical stuff... I'll leave that to someone that knows something.
    Last edited by ilovelucydog; 18th July 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Re: Egremont - Sail Training Headquarters

Thanks, Mary. In this particular case I had moored my dinghy on the beach and climbed a steep field to get some landscape shots of the estuary lower reaches from an unusual angle. Then I also thought that the vibrant colours and reflections would be worth a try.