Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Big Red

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Big Red

These shots were taken in October a couple of years ago at the Westonbirt Arboretum in Gloucestershire England. If you are a tree-lover like me, this is a wonderful place to visit, particularly in Autumn (or "Fall" if you will) when the leaves on the trees turn into a beautiful array of colours.

I thought about eliminating the photographer from the first shot but I decided against it in case he is a CiC member

Hope you enjoy but cc appreciated. Cheers Dave

Big Red\

Big Red

Big Red

Big Red

Real Name
    John Wright

Re: Big Red

One of the county's best attractions. As you see I live in Gloucester - I didn't go last autumn (Fall) but my neighbour did and got some wonderful shots. My favourites are what I think are most peoples' favourites - the reds, especially the maples and acers. Last autumn I stayed around the Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire too) for the autumn tree photos. It was one of the best years for a long time.

I hope you enjoyed your visit - the county is very attractive but unfortunately I can't say the same for the city.

First photo-I hope he had a very wide angle lens Lol. You could have one photo with him in the frame and one without. The couple in the last photo give some perspective to the size of the trees - lovely shots.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Big Red

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    One of the county's best attractions. As you see I live in Gloucester - I didn't go last autumn (Fall) but my neighbour did and got some wonderful shots. My favourites are what I think are most peoples' favourites - the reds, especially the maples and acers. Last autumn I stayed around the Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire too) for the autumn tree photos. It was one of the best years for a long time.

I hope you enjoyed your visit - the county is very attractive but unfortunately I can't say the same for the city.

First photo-I hope he had a very wide angle lens Lol. You could have one photo with him in the frame and one without. The couple in the last photo give some perspective to the size of the trees - lovely shots.
    Thanks for your comments John. I certainly did enjoy the visit, just wish I could go there every year but it's a bit far from where I live. Not sure what the photographer in the first shot was trying to achieve.

Cheers Dave