Past times

Past times

Processed with Silver Efex Pro 2.

Click to view larger.

R :-)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Past times

Nice image. But what's even worse, here's somebody that's got SEP2 working.

I just had another exchange on the Nik forums yesterday bemoaning the fact that, for those of us whom it doesn't work, we don't seem to be getting any more information about whether something's been done to make it work or whether we just put it in the bin.

The interesting answer seems to be that they (Nik) have to work with every customer on a case-by-case basis to try and solve the individual problems. If so many people are having the same problem; i.e. it seizes at the 'Loading' or 'Precalculating' when trying to open, does this not suggest some generic problem rather than one that is unique to each customer?

ps - Sorry, Raylee, for using your image as a platform for this rant. It's just getting so frustrating.

Real Name
    Kay

A very nice image for the conversion Raylee and sorry to hear yours is still not working Donald, whoever said digital photography was 'free' didn't count the hours we spend on the whole computing side of it, I have had many a rant over external storage devices not reading etc... But back to the image, the only tiny concern I had was on the left, I find myself looking for a tiny few more pixels on the outside of the clasp of the beautiful box that the spoons are stored in...
    But a lovely subject and promotes the viewer to think - who do they belong to? Are they a precious heirloom etc, well I'm quite happy with these thoughts and wonderings anyway

Real Name
    Raylee

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    A very nice image for the conversion Raylee and sorry to hear yours is still not working Donald, whoever said digital photography was 'free' didn't count the hours we spend on the whole computing side of it, I have had many a rant over external storage devices not reading etc... But back to the image, the only tiny concern I had was on the left, I find myself looking for a tiny few more pixels on the outside of the clasp of the beautiful box that the spoons are stored in...
    But a lovely subject and promotes the viewer to think - who do they belong to? Are they a precious heirloom etc, well I'm quite happy with these thoughts and wonderings anyway
    Thanks Kay. Glad someone likes it. I agree with you about the left hand side. I need to think about allowing enough space for borders before I move to SEP.

R

Real Name
    Chris

Nice use of the selenium toner. Very appropriate with the silver. I might have centered the box in the frame, but that might be too nitpicky, even for me. Nice to see you back.

Real Name
    paul wilbur

Gee....

this is "Nice" and "Simple" and it works...

thanks for sharing / paul

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Chris - I like the selenium too.

Thanks Paul. I like simple images.

R

Hello, there!

I love this but have been interrupted every time I've tried to tell you - sorry! Now, I just had those old mysteries on my mind (you know - they're there often) and, when I saw this, it was a sweet little thrill because it took me right "back" to some sort of era with some sort of sweet Miss Marple who would know all about these. It's perfect for that thought between the subject and the "heaviesh" coloring you've given it. I LOVE it, you know! Just my kind of image!

I was going to say that, maybe, it isn't quite straight but I think that's charming if it is askew.

Actually, Kay said it perfectly...

exactly my experience!

Then, if you can believe it, Tom came downstairs, just as I was first going to respond, with an article in "Biblical Archaeological Review" about some ivory pieces that he'd seen before and admired in the Boston Museum. It turns out that Agatha Christie, herself, polished them with some face cream and her hairpin. Funny coincidence - it was in the air.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Katy. I've been lurking lately but not contributing.

I love the golden age of crime too, as well as modern mysteries.

Hope you are well.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    Thanks Katy. I've been lurking lately but not contributing.

I love the golden age of crime too, as well as modern mysteries.

Hope you are well.

R
    I'm doing really well!(feeling very peppery - probably because of the new gang that I'm hanging out with, these days, meaning....yes, those puppies are mine. They rub off on a person! Snarf! I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you, yet!)

Also, I'll bet you know what I meant about being "heavy-ish" in color - meaning.... not high key.