Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I Left My Heart...

I Left My Heart...

I Left My Heart...
    I Left My Heart by alquibbs, on Flickr

in this beautiful village of "Batad" where people lives a simple life in the middle of the breathtaking terraces of rice paddies.

Comments please. Thank you.

Real Name
    Mike

Re: I Left My Heart...

Al,

This is a beautiful little village and the exposure is well done. However, I wish there were more rice paddies and less trees to convey your statement under the image. I tried playing with the image on my screen, trying to crop out the trees and the hill on the upper right, but I couldn't get a better image than you have here. Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Al

Although I acknowledge what Mike has said and agree that maybe we could have seen slightly less of the trees, I think they provide a very good frame for this very good image. As well as being very good in its own right as an image, it is a high quality documentary record of a society and way of life that so many of us are not familiar with.

I think the context of the image - the village sitting within its surroundings, which really tells us why the village is there, is excellent.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

A beautiful view, Al!

Hi Mike, Donald and Sahil. Thank you for your kind words and suggestions...I should have cut those trees off.

Quote Originally Posted by PicsbyChance View Post
    Al,

This is a beautiful little village and the exposure is well done. However, I wish there were more rice paddies and less trees to convey your statement under the image. I tried playing with the image on my screen, trying to crop out the trees and the hill on the upper right, but I couldn't get a better image than you have here. Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Mike
    Btw Mike, here's a view of more rice paddies. Thanks again.

I Left My Heart...

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al, both views are beautiful in there own way. I'm glad you posted the second shot as it really puts the first on in perspective and helps tell the story. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Al, both views are beautiful in there own way. I'm glad you posted the second shot as it really puts the first on in perspective and helps tell the story. Nice work!
    Hi Frank! Thank you so much, coming from you, it's a big relief!

Real Name
    Mike

Al,

I have to agree with Frank, the second image does help to tell your story. Beautiful countryside and thank you for posting the second image. I would love to see more.

Mike

Real Name
    Bill S

I agree with Donald on this one... I like the trees as a frame. It gives you the feeling of cresting a hill to look down through the trees into the valley to look upon that beautiful village.

Nice capture, thanks for sharing!

- Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PicsbyChance View Post
    Al,

I have to agree with Frank, the second image does help to tell your story. Beautiful countryside and thank you for posting the second image. I would love to see more.

Mike
    Hi Mike, thank you so much, I'm glad you appreciate it. And yes I would love to post more! I'm learning a lot so far from all your views and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    I agree with Donald on this one... I like the trees as a frame. It gives you the feeling of cresting a hill to look down through the trees into the valley to look upon that beautiful village.

Nice capture, thanks for sharing!

- Bill
    Hi Bill thank you again and again and again!

Hi, Al! They're both just beautiful and fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Hi, Al! They're both just beautiful and fascinating!
    Hi Katy! Thank you so much.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Very nice shot, AL. I will definitely put Batad on my bucket list on places to visit and take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Very nice shot, AL. I will definitely put Batad on my bucket list on places to visit and take pictures!
    Thank you Willie.