Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Golden Ratio

Real Name
    Bob R

Golden Ratio

OK, so I did a search on this subject and either I missed the explanation or didn't see one, or it just was not there to be found, lots of references and uses of the words, so I gather it deals with placing the subject in a particular spot, as in a bird flying using more space in front of it to give a better look of flying toward something (am I on track, or way off track)? Not to be confused with thirds but I imagine it does have a relation to the photograph. I am hoping I can get an explanation or a link to one.

Thank you,
    Bob

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Golden Ratio

Bob,

A good explanation can be found here.

- Bill

Real Name
    Bob R

Thanks Bill, I'm going to have to read that a few times until it sinks in. I'm sure it not as complicated as it starts out.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBob View Post
    Thanks Bill, I'm going to have to read that a few times until it sinks in. I'm sure it not as complicated as it starts out.
    Bob

It's all to do with Fibonacci. Take a look at this quite good video tutorial, which explains it well. It also covers the rule of thirds. Photography video tutorials

Real Name
    Bob R

Thank you Rob, while that really interested me, I took a look at the rest also.