Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "When a camera is connected launch Adobe Downloader" is not showing at all under Gen

Real Name
    Russell

"When a camera is connected launch Adobe Downloader" is not showing at all under Gen

Hi, I have Adobe CS4 and when I go to Pref settings the option "When a camera is connected launch Adobe Downloader" is not showing at all under Gen Prefs.
    Any advice please
    Thanks
    Sorry should have read adobe Bridge CS4 prefs

IGNORE FIXED!!!! forgot to check the box to always perform this option with photos
    Last edited by russellsnr; 6th July 2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: FIXED

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: "When a camera is connected launch Adobe Downloader" is not showing at all under

I personally am not a fan of connecting my camera to the computer... the risk (even if it is ever so slight) of damage to the camera coming over the USB line is just not worth it. I've actually seen USB ports give voltage surges and destroy equipment - even without any surge coming from the electrical outlet.

My recommendation is to get a card reader.

- Bill

Real Name
    Russell

Re: "When a camera is connected launch Adobe Downloader" is not showing at all under

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    I personally am not a fan of connecting my camera to the computer... the risk (even if it is ever so slight) of damage to the camera coming over the USB line is just not worth it. I've actually seen USB ports give voltage surges and destroy equipment - even without any surge coming from the electrical outlet.

My recommendation is to get a card reader.

- Bill
    Hi Bill, Yes I have a card reader but I thought that when you selected the option to get photos from camera it would do the same if you insert a card reader.
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Lon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi Bill, Yes I have a card reader but I thought that when you selected the option to get photos from camera it would do the same if you insert a card reader.
    Thanks
    Russ
    I believe you are correct, Russ. The option could just as well say, "When a camera or card reader is connected, launch ... ".