Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Another from the Fort

Real Name
    Ron

Another from the Fort

I walked by this the second time saturday morning i had to stop and take a photo of it.There were 3 other benches beside this one and another tree to the right.I was on a lower sidewalk from the benches with a short retaining wall so i got on my knees to take the photo.The bench was at this angle and didn't want to level it out for fear of making the tree lean to much to the left.C&C are welcome,Thanks for viewing...Ron

Another from the Fort
    ISO 200,f/9,1/100 sec,34mm,pp in CS3

Now i'm off to attempt some knot photo's for Rob's Bondage thread.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Re: Another from the Fort

I am fascinated with the composition of your shot. Its hard to explain but with the ground being un-even I think it provides more balance. I notice if it was even how extreme the angle of the tree would be. Very nice, soft colors also. Great shot!

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

It sure is unique, Ron. What I like about your shot is the contrast between the blue sky and the green grass in the foreground. As for the composition, I am wanting some more extra space on the right to somehow balance out the heaviness of the crop on the left side. This would probably look better if this was shot either early morning or at sunset where the sun is still low in the horizon for a more dramatic side lighting and golden tone effect. You got good eyes to spot this one, Ron. Nice work. By the way, your frame borders seem to compliment your image, too.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by KTHXBAI View Post
    I am fascinated with the composition of your shot. Its hard to explain but with the ground being un-even I think it provides more balance. I notice if it was even how extreme the angle of the tree would be. Very nice, soft colors also. Great shot!
    Thanks for the comment Micheal.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    It sure is unique, Ron. What I like about your shot is the contrast between the blue sky and the green grass in the foreground. As for the composition, I am wanting some more extra space on the right to somehow balance out the heaviness of the crop on the left side. This would probably look better if this was shot either early morning or at sunset where the sun is still low in the horizon for a more dramatic side lighting and golden tone effect. You got good eyes to spot this one, Ron. Nice work. By the way, your frame borders seem to compliment your image, too.
    Thanks Willie.To the right of the tree and bench are another tree and bench, had to clone out some of the branches,that i felt would not look good in the photo.On the other hand there are two more benches on the left side that might work well in a series of photo's that came to mind while pondering your comment.Thanks for the comment Willie...Ron