Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 2 X questions. Photoshop for colour correction? Camera profiles

Real Name
    Russell

2 X questions. Photoshop for colour correction? Camera profiles

Hi, I use CS4 and often use the colour sampler for H,M,S and was wondering for the sake of time saving is there now a software that can compare to individual colour sampler points in Photoshop for colour correction? ie one click wonder
    Also still in CS4 in ACR when I open an image it always has the Adobe profile set under camera profile as I have set my own camera profile/s is there a way to make ACR set that as the profile to use.
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: 2 X questions. Photoshop for colour correction? Camera profiles

Also still in CS4 in ACR when I open an image it always has the Adobe profile set under camera profile as I have set my own camera profile/s is there a way to make ACR set that as the profile to use.
    In ACR, go to CAMERA CALIBRATION menu then select from the drop down menu the camera profile that you like (for example camera vivid). Now, go to PRESET menu > select SAVE SETTINGS > on the SUBSET Menu > select only the CAMERA CALIBRATION option > and then press SAVE. ACR will now prompt you to save this settings with a new preset name. You can arbitrarily name it as "My Camera Vivid setting." Upon pressing the SAVE button, your camera profile preference is saved. To access it, all you have to do is to go to your preset menu and click your camera profile and you're good to go.

Hi, I use CS4 and often use the colour sampler for H,M,S and was wondering for the sake of time saving is there now a software that can compare to individual colour sampler points in Photoshop for colour correction? ie one click wonder
    There's no one click wonder that I know of but I know a simpler way to correct color cast in an image using ACR or LR... just move the Temp and Tint slider. That is, if your monitor is calibrated in the first place. That would be a 2-click wonder but not one.

Real Name
    Russell

Re: 2 X questions. Photoshop for colour correction? Camera profiles

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    In ACR, go to CAMERA CALIBRATION menu then select from the drop down menu the camera profile that you like (for example camera vivid). Now, go to PRESET menu > select SAVE SETTINGS > on the SUBSET Menu > select only the CAMERA CALIBRATION option > and then press SAVE. ACR will now prompt you to save this settings with a new preset name. You can arbitrarily name it as "My Camera Vivid setting." Upon pressing the SAVE button, your camera profile preference is saved. To access it, all you have to do is to go to your preset menu and click your camera profile and you're good to go.

There's no one click wonder that I know of but I know a simpler way to correct color cast in an image using ACR or LR... just move the Temp and Tint slider. That is, if your monitor is calibrated in the first place. That would be a 2-click wonder but not one.
    Hi, Many thanks for the help
    Russ