Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Jetty Repairs 2

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Jetty Repairs 2

I promise this is the last one from my my recent weekend spent on the shores of Loch Lomond, here in dear old Scotland.

I'm just about to start packing my bags for my holiday/vacation in France and Belgium which starts with the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge on Wednesday evening. So you shall be rid of me for 3 weeks. Batteries are fully charged and the memory cards are in the bag.

On this one I didn't want to go for a longer exposure. It was a candidate for a long exposure to really smooth the water and get abstraction into the clouds , but I wanted to retain the cloud detail and hold onto a bit of a ripple on the water.

Jetty Repairs 2
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.6 @13mm. ISO100. 2sec@f22. + I did have GNDs on board, but I can't remember exactly what.

Real Name
    Raylee

Re: Jetty Repairs 2

Very atmospheric Donald. Great sense of depth.

I've been enjoying these photos from your weekend away and I look forward to seeing the sights from your next holiday.

R

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thanks Raylee.

I did mean to add to my introductory note above that whilst a lot of people sort of write it off as a tool, I find the theory and practice of hyperfocal distance invaluable. This was was carefully measured and, I believe, it has worked well.
    Last edited by Donald; 5th June 2011 at 10:30 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Someday, you're going to paddle across the pond and slap me upside the head...for all my fiddling with your images....but, and this is partially in response to my response to the fisherman shot.

While I find the shot absolutely lovely in terms of tonality, and subject, esposure, I find the open section of fence too open to keep my eye from going there. I looked at it for several minutes before deciding the way in which you deliberately used your hyperfocal depth of field so nicely in the background, didn't work the same in the foreground. Whereas, I can accept the hills going on forever, I cannot do the same for the fence. There, for whatever reason, I want more confinement. Thus, this crop.

Jetty Repairs 2

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Someday, you're going to paddle across the pond and slap me upside the head...for all my fiddling with your images....but, and this is partially in response to my response to the fisherman shot.
    Don't worry. If I didn't want to invite constructive ideas and suggestions, I wouldn't post them up here.

Just a quick observation whilst actually working (naughty Donald).

That certainly changes the image quite considerably. Whether for the better, I'm not yet sure. But I can understand exactly why you suggested it. I need to spend more time flicking between the two to wrk out what I think.

But thank you for taking the time to think about it and comment. I'll try and get back to it before I disappear, on Wednesday, for 3 weeks.