Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old Garage

Real Name
    Ron

Old Garage

Found this on a recent road trip and had to stop.Shot at ISO 200, f10, 1/400 sec.Image cropped freeform and had some pp done to it.C&C are very welcome.Thanks.
    Ron.

Old Garage

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Old Garage

Great find, Ron. This image does tell a story. For me, I think you nailed the composition right. You incorporated just enough of the old office building to complete the scene. The image is a bit dark but being dark, it adds sadness and desolation to the image making it strong. You got 2 strong subjects here: The unrepaired, forgotten truck and the old, dilapidated building as the other. Either of the two can be your main subject depending on what you want to emphasize. If you want to emphasize the building, your initial pp is just right. If you want to emphasize the truck, you can dodge it a bit and darken the other. I like it. A very good find and a nice edit. Congrats.
    Last edited by jiro; 31st May 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Real Name
    Ron

Thank you Willie.This is a spot that i will revisit many times.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Ron

My thoughts were that I'd want to shoot this on a dull day or very early or late, so that I didn't have to worry so much about the sky and could therefore give a greater exposure in and around that old truck. I think if we could see some more detail on the truck, in the trees and in that building over on the left, you'd have an even more powerful image.

There's certainly a lot of material to work with there and if you can revisit the location easily that is wonderful.

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks Donald.I shot this with the sky included but felt it took away from the photo when i got it to the house.