Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The squirrel that torments my dog.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

The squirrel that torments my dog.

The first picture has the squirrel looking remarkably defiant with his arms crossed. The second was as he batted his tail at my dog just a few feet underneath.

dsc_00443.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donald; 31st May 2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Images inserted inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The squirrel that torments my dog.

Scott

You'll see that I've inserted your images into your message, so that everyone can see them at a better size than just thumbnail. You've almost got all the steps for posting images. Most folks struggle to get it right at first, so don't worry. If you haven't done so, please read through the help thread 'How do I post images?' that you can get from the HELP/Rules menu tab above. If you still have problems, let us know.

As for the images, I can see whay you went for #2, but I think the squirrel makes up too small a proprotion of the whole space of the image. It is obviously the main subject, but it actually fills only a very small part of the frame.

Whereas, in #1, you've nailed it well. And you've got very good exposure on it. Unfortunately the latest version of Firefox doesn't support the EXIF plug-ins that I had downloaded (need to find if there are others - anyone know?), so can't see what mode you were shooting in.

The one thing I'd want to do with this image is clone out those two twigs. I don't know what your post-processing (pp) experience or skills are and whether cloning those out is something you can do at the moment. If not, hold on to the image and once you have got thjose skills, you could reproduce the image.

Real Name
    Scott Benz

Re: The squirrel that torments my dog.

My post processing skills are still improving. I'll do a little work and repost when I have some free time. As always thanks for the great advice.