Thread: A Faithful Capture & Detachment

A Faithful Capture & Detachment

A Faithful Capture

Detachment

rob marshall

Re: A Faithful Capture & Detachment

Interesting concept. Is it a comment on the fashion industry perhaps? Or are we frustrated by the builder?. I can't fully appreciate this at the moment as I'm painting the outside of my house, and it's a lot of rendered wall space.

Er no. That would be far too intelligent and deep for me. I have had my knickers in a twist all weekend about taking photographs of..well real things. I can't explain it I just get this deep seated feeling of underachievement when I shoot cats bottoms. The cats bottom can be made highly interesting and edgy if you take the corner of a tea towel and insert it into the said orifice (highly practical too). Its not agreeable and its will probably get one into trouble with people who wear carpet slippers to the supermarket and smell of litter trays - but it does change a rather predictable image into something quite special. So the Faithful Capture was my kick back against my own failing to make the metaphorical cats bottom interesting. Detachment was a lame attempt at trying to be clever and with it....must try harder

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Er no. That would be far too intelligent and deep for me. I have had my knickers in a twist all weekend about taking photographs of..well real things. I can't explain it I just get this deep seated feeling of underachievement when I shoot cats bottoms. The cats bottom can be made highly interesting and edgy if you take the corner of a tea towel and insert it into the said orifice (highly practical too). Its not agreeable and its will probably get one into trouble with people who wear carpet slippers to the supermarket and smell of litter trays - but it does change a rather predictable image into something quite special. So the Faithful Capture was my kick back against my own failing to make the metaphorical cats bottom interesting. Detachment was a lame attempt at trying to be clever and with it....must try harder
    As we are obviously falling into that easy conversation about cats and all matters scatological... my Head Gardener today shut next door's beautiful pussy in our greenhouse Loud plaintive wailing noises (I thought I'd broken into song) necessitated a spot of International Rescue ("Gee, Scott, do you think we can make it?"). Following it's rescue pussy demonstrated his utter contempt for Lady Penelope, who was looking on from the kitchen, by c******* on her Irises - but not before he had uprooted them. They may be little poetry in our house, but there is poetic justice.

Real Name
    Kay

oh Deary me - I have choked on my lunch again - must remmeber not to attempt to eat, laugh & breath all at once....
    Chaps this does remind me of a lovely little video clip....
    not sure if I can find it - you may have seen it..
    imagine the scene
    cute wee girl digging a hole in the garden - scruffy neighbour leans over fence ....
    and asks - what ya doin there luv (imagine appropriate british accent)

-digging a hole for my dead budgy she replies
    - oh that's sad, never mind (scruffy neighbour from wandsworth replies...)

then after the wheels turn ever so slowly in his head he then asks...

p.s Steve - image #1 really grabs me - not a thought of a cat's bottom (tea towelled inserted or otherwise) entered my head.

why is the hole so big then...?
    cute female looks upon him with disdain (we learn this look early in life) and then replies...

because it's in your %^*@*$!* cat!!

...he choked on his coffee too...

(we learn this look early in life)
    I have noticed this....Rob probably experienced this withering gaze when he freed Bagpuss from a lingering death in the greenhouse. I have observed this when I bring dead birds into the house or sharpen my claws on the pouffe. It instantly puts the male in his place. As an exercise visit your local supermarket and as you wander around the aisles you will see many of the male species with happily wagging tails, lolling tongues and expectant eyes waiting for a kind word from the mistress. Now in their enthusiasm they inevitably run off and retrieve a packet of Jammie Dodgers. The 'look' from the female as Tyrone slips his kill into the shopping trolley is what you are looking for. that 'look' turns Tyrone into a grovelling, droopy tailed lap dog. The look is usually followed by "I cant do this with you snapping round my heels - you go and wait in the car - NOW". So the next time you are in Tesco car park any you see all those macho - shopping is beneath me - males sitting in there Ford Focus adjusting their Ralph Lauren shades for a better view of Trolly Dolly Daydreams rear end you know why. Have pity and offer him a bowl of water.

The other time to observe the look (and I like this one best) is at a dinner party. Dennis takes a great pride in his Warner Bros neck tie and his jack the lad humour that complements his sartorial ineligance. But, with one glass of Blue Nun too many he is libel to publicly relate the time when you spent 3 hours at Mavis and Geoffs cheese and wine party with your Per Una party dress stuffed down the back of your knickers. Highly amusing for the ladies and strangely erotic for the lads. The 'look' this time is dispatched with particular venom. The cleavage magically disappears, and the mother-in-law is magically reincarnated - the 'look' shouts "no sex for you tonight" and Dennis is reduced to a pathetically submissive serf. The rest of the evening is spent retrieving sausages on sticks and schooners full of Babycham in the forlorn hope that the Marks and Spencer leopard print g-string will be discarded in his direction....no such hope, you just know she is going to get changed into her most formidable ankle length quilted body armour behind a locked en-suite door for the next six weeks.