Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: False Clownfish

Real Name
    Bill S

False Clownfish

For some reason, I've been sitting on sharing this image... I kept thinking about submitting it to one of the monthly competitions, but didn't want to break the rule of posting photos taken in the month of the comp.

I recently learned that the shot earned honorable mention awards at the year end competition at my local photography club, and I finally got around to ordering my 20x30 canvas print of it (I'd oddly enough bought a Groupon for CanvasOnDemand.com while I was on the trip where I took this photo).

So I finally decided I didn't know why I wasn't sharing it here... so I threw it in a mini-comp, and also will share the original and a couple other versions here for any C&C.

Original:
    False Clownfish

Auto-Smartfix in PSE8:
    False Clownfish

ASF & Slight Crop in PSE8:
    False Clownfish

- Bill

Real Name
    Shannon

Re: False Clownfish

WOW!! so glad I clicked on this thread! IT's BEAUTIFUL!! I am so glad you shared it.

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by Shambhala View Post
    WOW!! so glad I clicked on this thread! IT's BEAUTIFUL!! I am so glad you shared it.
    Thank you, Shannon. That shot never ceases to bring a smile to my face and remind me of the absolutely life changing trip that was!

- Bill

Real Name
    Shannon

Where were you when you took it... it really is beautiful, If I had taken it I would definitely have printed that one! You should enter it in all the competitions you can. I definitely think you have a winner there. !

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Yeah that could be on the cover of a Nat Geo.

Real Name
    Bill S

Where were you when you took it... it really is beautiful, If I had taken it I would definitely have printed that one! You should enter it in all the competitions you can. I definitely think you have a winner there. !
    I was probably 25 feet deep on my absolute favorite dive site of the week called ROMA at Wakatobi Dive Resort in Indonesia.

I often find myself speechless to describe it, and other times can ramble on for hours on end. If you like this shot or generally like fish photos - here are a lot of the posts on my blog with the cream of the crop from the trip - where I've done plenty of said rambling!

- Bill

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by KTHXBAI View Post
    Yeah that could be on the cover of a Nat Geo.
    You are far too kind, sir.

But it did win me a cake!

- Bill

Real Name
    Shannon

I agree with Micheal, Bill going to check out your link. Thanks for posting it.. ! and Cake is always good yummy!

Real Name
    Bill S

I agree with Micheal, Bill going to check out your link. Thanks for posting it.. ! and Cake is always good yummy!
    Thank you again, Shannon... and yes - the cake was excellent!

Real Name
    Bill S

Yay! My canvas print of this photo came yesterday, and boy does it look stellar. I went with a 20x30 wrapped canvas, and it came out excellent!

I ordered it from Canvas on Demand, and if you are ever looking for a canvas print of your photo, I highly recommend them. The print looks fantastic, and the craftsmanship is top notch. The print was meticulously packed and shipped very quickly (despite original projections of up to 2 weeks wait). All in all, I highly recommend them!

- Bill

Real Name
    Chris

did you go with the 3/4" or 1 1/2"? Just curious if the 3/4 at 20x30 would be a bit flimsy??

Real Name
    Bill S

I went with the 1 1/2" - I figured at the 20x30 size that it was worth the extra thickness. The 1 1/2" feels incredibly sturdy with absolutely not flex to it at all, so the 3/4" might have been ok, but I think the added depth of the 1 1/2" will look nicer on the wall too.

I also paid the little bit extra for the premium dust cover on the back, and it is very neatly put on and looks like it will stand the test of time.

- Bill

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks...I think I shall give them a shot.