Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Food Photography

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Food Photography

This was taken when I was still starting my Photography passion a year back I hope this is the right thread I am putting at CiC is much welcome

Japanese Cuisine

Food Photography

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Food Photography

Mario,

I like it. I like the colors, the control of depth of field, the excellent detail in the main elements.

However, I do find the border distracting. And if I really want to get nit-picky, I have to say that it took me a little while to identify that those are chopsticks in the foreground (blurred) and wishedh they were in focus (so maybe a little more control of the DoF was needed), and I feel that the bottle in the background would have been better situated to one side instead of centered (if you're good with PP like jiro, you can probably fix that in PP heh).

All in all though, I still really like the shot. I keep finding myself ending up back at the lemon... and craving sushi.

- Bill

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Re: Food Photography

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Mario,

I like it. I like the colors, the control of depth of field, the excellent detail in the main elements.

However, I do find the border distracting. And if I really want to get nit-picky, I have to say that it took me a little while to identify that those are chopsticks in the foreground (blurred) and wishedh they were in focus (so maybe a little more control of the DoF was needed), and I feel that the bottle in the background would have been better situated to one side instead of centered (if you're good with PP like jiro, you can probably fix that in PP heh).

All in all though, I still really like the shot. I keep finding myself ending up back at the lemon... and craving sushi.

- Bill
    Hi Bill, I'm glad you like the shot at the end Unfortunately I'm not as good as Jiro and could not fix it Let's hope He will view this and fix it as you suggested .... Yeah I agree that the chopstcks should be focused enough to be recognzed Thanks for the tip Bill! Cheers!