Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Live Performance

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Live Performance

I had opportunity to photograph the Gospel Creek Bluegrass Band this past weekend. The lighting was lousy but I managed some interesting shots. This is a dramatic workup of a shot that was OK but not really sharp so I went for mood. In my picking days I played in this band and they are much improved by my absence.

Chuck

[IMG]Live Performance[/IMG]

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Live Performance

You did very well with this shot, Chuck. Sometimes, sharp is not too good. Here, the soft focus adds the story to the shot. I like it. Glad to know a fellow guitar player in you. Got anymore?

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    You did very well with this shot, Chuck. Sometimes, sharp is not too good. Here, the soft focus adds the story to the shot. I like it. Glad to know a fellow guitar player in you. Got anymore?
    Hi Jiro...my website has a whole gallery and sub-galleries dedicated to bluegrass photos. If you play the first one (Scott Valley Festival 2010)as a slideshow you will hear the fellow in this image playing a tune of his own writing. He is playing all the instruments you hear, guitar, mandolin, and bass....if there's a fiddle in there he's playing that and doing all the vocals. He records it himself at home. I love the tune but he's not done anything with it. He's a school teacher but has more talent than should be legal.

Here's a link to that sub-gallery as a slideshow so you can hear him while you see some shots of the 2010 festival: http://www.chucknelsonphotography.co...2780/slideshow

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Awesome! Thanks for the link, Chuck. All your shots are winners. Wow! Imagine a little girl playing a dobro guitar. Hahaha! Just plain awesome! Tell your friend in the picture that I enjoyed his guitar skills and song composition a lot. Reminds me of the old Loggins and Messina group.
    Last edited by jiro; 20th May 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Thanks Jiro....I'll pass it along.