2 penny for the guess..

albino peacock

C&C are most wellcomed

albino peacock

Leo

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: albino peacock

What a different way to take a shot of a peacock, Leo. I like it! One of my want for this image to make it stand out more is that I was hoping for some more extra detail on the feathers. A very nice shot if I may say.

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Thanks Jiro,

I was bit dissapointed when I saw it on computer, I was hoping for more details as well.

Anyway, thanks for comments,

Leo

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLeo View Post
    Thanks Jiro,

I was bit dissapointed when I saw it on computer, I was hoping for more details as well.

Anyway, thanks for comments,

Leo
    Speaking of that, I also had a lot of nice shots that went to the recycle bin because I missed the focus, too. How blessed are the guys that has 32 cross-type sensors on their DSLR's. Hahaha! Mine only has one.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLeo View Post
    Looking at the EXIF; f/5.6 and 1/80s, I expect the detail went with lack of Depth of Field (at that angle to the subject) and possibly subject movement blur too

Shame, but so easily done, one to learn from (I do lots like this )

Real Name
    Debbie

I really like what you got going on in this one. If you had more feather detail...it'd be all about the feathers. Gotta say when my eyes found the head of the bird in the middle of the feathers, I was really happy. I like the softness.

Even though you may have missed the focus or depth of field or lack of detail in the feathers however you want to say it.....I think you nailed the unique perspective of the shot... and that is a gift. Anyone can learn camera settings, but having a knack for composition and perspective is a real asset.

Real Name
    Shannon

I like this shot. I do not know a lot about technical things, I am just a beginner and still learning. so it is purely from an aesthetic perspective. I also like how the head in the middle is kind of a surprise.

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Leo,

The softfocus works for me as well but I would be inclined to crop off the left handedge to get rid of the blue so the image just contained the feathers andinquisitive head. Then the image appears more an abstract.

Real Name
    Shannon

Excellent point Peter.. I think you are right, I never even noticed the blue. I am loving all these tips and suggestions people give on other people's work. I think they are really helpful for everyone.

Real Name
    Wendy

Hello Leo, great shot, I also like the soft focus, but I would be very tempted to try to make the head stand out more. I'm not sure how I would do it but I know if it was my shot I would be trying to get the eye and the beak to stand out more. In Adobe Elements I might try a trick I learned here which is to use the lasso tool to select the area you want to enhance, make sure to stay outside the borders (for instance if you just want to do the eye, roughly lasso around the outside of the eye, then feather the selection by at least 5 pixels. In this case I would try for Local Contrast Enhancement using Unsharp Mask starting with settings in the range of Radius 40 and Amount 20 then tweak from there.

Peter's suggestion for the crop is a good one, the blue is rather distracting, I might even crop the top or bottom to put the eye on a third.

Just some ideas, it is a great shot as is, but to me it is the type of shot that has many options when it comes to post processing.

Wendy

Real Name
    John

Another variation. Not as ghostly as the original.

albino peacock

Real Name
    Chris

Iknow it might sound silly, but when I think albino anything, I think "white" and I think shifting the color balance to anything but white does no justice to the image.

I am not sure what program you used to edit with, but it left the image extremely interpolated and very difficult to "rework" for exampling's sake...however, I am generally undaunted in making an attempt, anyway.

White is white...

albino peacock

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Thanks everybody for your comments.

I am not sure what program you used to edit with, but it left the image extremely interpolated and very difficult to "rework" for exampling's sake...
    Chris, I used UFRaw, GIMP and RAWTherapy. I cannot blame any of them, it was my first atempt of use them. I'm in a business trip and download them on company computer to have something to do in the evenings and morning . Maybe Donald will give me a crash course for some of them

Looking at the EXIF; f/5.6 and 1/80s, I expect the detail went with lack of Depth of Field (at that angle to the subject) and possibly subject movement blur too..
    Well, for sure was not my most inspired decision here, but the conditions were awful. Birds are in a big cage with a wooden roofing below the canopy of oak trees. I shoot through the fence.... At F8, the shutter was arround 1/25 or 1/15, so ...
    My Canon 40D is not excelling for ISO higher then 400, at least not for me.

..to get rid of the blue so the image just contained the feathers and inquisitive head
    Agree, thanks for your opinion.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments, and for your time.

Leo
    PS: I don't know where I can upload a TIFF version of it, for those tempted to PP . A bit of help here ?