Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yellow Hibiscus.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Yellow Hibiscus.

I saw this one while walking inside the San Antonio Zoo. First time I took a shot of a yellow flower in broad daylight. I'm glad I did not blow this one up. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to see it in lightbox.
    Yellow Hibiscus.

-------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/1250 second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color Processed in LR 3.

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: Yellow Hibiscus.

Looks great, Jiro. What are your thoughts about cropping out the dead space up top?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    Looks great, Jiro. What are your thoughts about cropping out the dead space up top?
    Thanks, Abhi. I used a 5x4 crop ratio on this one and in doing so, I positioned the center of the flower near the lower right power point so I guess I need that extra space to balance the composition. Hope this helps, Abhi.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thanks, Abhi. I used a 5x4 crop ratio on this one and in doing so, I positioned the center of the flower near the lower right power point so I guess I need that extra space to balance the composition. Hope this helps, Abhi.
    In that case, I feel that a little more detail in the shadows up top will help the photo. Maybe you can clone the background from the top left

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    In that case, I feel that a little more detail in the shadows up top will help the photo. Maybe you can clone the background from the top left
    I tried to do something similar to your idea a while ago and I didn't seem to find any advantage doing that so I kept the background less cluttered as it was on the original. Thanks.

Real Name
    Shannon

Simple, elegant and beautiful! It's pictures like these that make me want to become a better photographer. Thanks for posting it.