Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Prolific Sin

Prolific Sin

Another two images tonight - same subject but both very different. C&C welcome as always. Must dash tums rumbling and I will have to fight the kids for the Mars bars.

Prolific Sin

Prolific Sin

rob marshall

Re: Prolific Sin

I can't Adam and Eve (believe) how creative these are...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I will have to fight the kids for the Mars bars.
    Become an honorary Scot - have it deep-fried. That's real sin.

Like Rob says. Brilliant. How on earth did you do it?

Real Name
    Mick Stones

I like No 1 the best of these two, dont know why though , they are both brilliant

These are wonderful! Your "Mandragora" really do look like "people" or like they're alive or something. I love how #1 glows but do we really need to choose? Please don't make us - I like them both. (like your other series, btw - they really are a pair.)
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 18th May 2011 at 01:46 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

Very creative but you can put the bottle back in the cellar now. Seriously good job Steve.

Every time I see one of your photos with apples, Mr. F.W., I have to laugh. Back when you tried that first one with the reflection in the microwave (cough/ahem), I happened to see in the produce section of the grocery store THE most beautiful looking apples that I have ever, ever seen. Not kidding! I was standing there, in front of the whole pyramid of them with one in my hand, staring at it. A couple came along with their cart and it started to break in on me that I might be in their way; so, to speed up my musings, I just asked them, "does this look like Snow White's apple to you?" You should have seen their dawning reaction. They completely agreed! We laughed, every time we saw each other up and down the aisles.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Oh man... I replied earlier... but I guess I didn't submit my reply...

They are wicked creative, Steve. My eye leans toward number 2. You really come up with some amazingly creative images.

Real Name
    Kay

These are both absolutely amazing - bewildered awe I find myself in - yet again
    if I had to choose a favourite - it would be # 2 - but I cannot explain why

Thank you all for your encouragement. I have been going through a bit of a flat phase over the last couple of months but the ideas are starting to find their way to the front again.

How on earth did you do it?
    To be honest I can never remember exactly but with these it was a case of hiding a dead minature cherry tree in the workshop until WireVixen was out and then fastening it up from the ceiling in the dining room whilst I photographed it. The mud on the dining room table came off quite easily and nobody is the wiser Essentially though it was a case of inverting the colours in the image and applying layers of textures using diffrent modes and selectively removing or adding the colour channels. The apple was added with a quick cut and paste (as layer).
    Very creative but you can put the bottle back in the cellar now. Seriously good job Steve.
    Thanks Peter. No mind altering substances were involved - my mind has always been altered

I just asked them, "does this look like Snow White's apple to you?" You should have seen their dawning reaction. They completely agreed! We laughed, every time we saw each other up and down the aisles.
    I am sorry Katy but you just have to be British
    These are both absolutely amazing - bewildered awe I find myself in - yet again
    Believe me Kay I am always bewildered - its a permanent state of mind these days

They are wicked creative, Steve. My eye leans toward number 2. You really come up with some amazingly creative images.
    Thanks Mary number two was my pick also.
    I like No 1 the best of these two, dont know why though , they are both brilliant
    Cheers Mick. i was in two minds as to whether the apple should be red but I think I am sold on it know