Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Yellow

Real Name
    Debbie

Yellow

Yellow Tulips. The sunlight was really making them pop..I was trying to capture some of that and I kept it a bit soft on purpose. Trying to explore new territory. C&C welcome

Yellow

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Yellow

Sitting staring at it trying to think what the effect would be of cloning out those two bits of the greenery sticking up from the bottom of the frame would be. They keep catching my eye and pulling it down to the bottom.

I think the image certainly gives us that sense of a very bright spring day with the the bees buzzing and insects flying about and flowers and plants springing into life.

Real Name
    Debbie

Thanks Donald. I was wondering if they were distracting and how much.

Real Name
    Steve

Hi debbie, what if you decreased the saturation of the background . This would give the flowers a little more pop.

Debbie, I like what you have done with this. It gives the 'feel' of the flowers rather than just the detail. I do agree that some of that darker foliage needs clearing out but I would be pleased if I shot this. I tried one like this last weekend and made a real hash of it. I know how difficult it is to get this kind of shot right.

We have some poppies out in the garden but unfortunately they are not in a position to get a higher key shot.

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    Yellow Tulips. The sunlight was really making them pop..I was trying to capture some of that and I kept it a bit soft on purpose. Trying to explore new territory. C&C welcome[/IMG]
    Good for you, Debbie! That encourages me. There's more than one way to skin a cat (thank goodness!)

Real Name
    Debbie

Thanks all for the comments. Flowers are hard!....if you're trying to get them while they're still stuck in the ground. It can be difficult to get a good composition with a decent background.

Everything you all took note on, I noticed as well, but I wasn't sure to what extent they distracted from the tulips themselves. So cool, if I wanted to make it a stronger image I know what I could do. More importantly, I'll keep all this in mind next time I'm out with the camera. Thanks all for the feedback....keep on clickin'.

Its all about the light Katy. Like I said to Mary, its a camera, not nuclear waste, no need to be scared