Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: iraq sun rise.

iraq sun rise.

just took my first photo today of the sunrise in iraq with my new D90. what do you think.Attachment 10341

Real Name
    Jonathan

Re: iraq sun rise.

I'm sorry, it is not working. Read this, how to post images.

un edited
    iraq sun rise.

iraq sun rise.

I think your processing needs to be somewhere between the two. I can see the translucent sculpture of the clouds that you were trying to capture but dawn is not an easy time to photograph if you are new to the game. The light is gentle but not very forgiving. I expect you will get some spectacular sunsets in your location...give that a try I think you will be surprised at what you will capture. The foreground lacks interest. If you are going to include a foreground even in silhouette it becomes the main subject (or at least where the eye naturally rests) and the sunrise becomes the back drop so it needs to have interest. If this were shot with say razor wire in the foreground it would have far more impact.

Is that a barrage balloon at top centre

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Hello, Downymx263. I believe you want to capture the beauty of the sunrise in your area. The foreground, seems to be off-centered to focus the attention on the sun in the middle. I really like the way the sun shows its rays on that set of clouds. Looking at your post-processed image, the color seems to be a little bit on the yellow side. Though I know that yellow is also a good color, normally sunrise and sunset gives that nice purplish, bluish, and orangey color in the sky. Mind if I play a little bit on your image?

What I did is total editing. I tried to take out one of the cement block on the foreground so I can showcase the sun in the middle. Cloned the small detail at the middle and extend it to the new empty area. Cloned parts of the clouds here and there to fill up the empty detail on the clouds. Combined multiple layers of the clouds with gradual contrast, shadow/highlights adjustment in it, and then combined them in one layer. This is just my idea on how to interpret your image. It's from far from reality because I already deleted, added, edited most of the details, but sometimes an image can be enhanced this way. I saw one wedding image of David Sizer, a very popular photographer here in the US and I was amazed at what I realized - he is also doing this kind of stuff to arrive at such wonderful images. So, I guess it's not bad to cheat once in a while if the outcome would be pleasing to the eyes and is not offensive to nature. I hope I did not offend you, Sir. Kindly let me know if the edited work is offensive and I would certainly delete my post. Thanks!

iraq sun rise.

Here is the larger version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/willieb...9236/lightbox/

wow that looks amazing. thank you for the advice. as soon as i get some down time i will get a picture of the sunset. i have a feeling it will look good cause it rained today.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by downymx263 View Post
    wow that looks amazing. thank you for the advice. as soon as i get some down time i will get a picture of the sunset. i have a feeling it will look good cause it rained today.
    Good luck, then. Take lots of pictures and shoot in RAW. Sunset changes colors very rapidly so just press that shutter button often.

Real Name
    Dr Nasseem Michael Malouf

Well done Jiro. The end justifies the means. Great transformation.

Nasseem

here are a few pics of the sun set
    iraq sun rise.

iraq sun rise.