Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunrise over the lake

Real Name
    Abhi

Sunrise over the lake

Sunrise over Chilka Lake, Barkul, Orissa, India. This was the view from my hotel room C&C, as always, is welcome and appreciated.

Sunrise over the lake
    Canon Digital Rebel, 18-55mm IS @20mm, f/3.5 for 1/2000s
    Last edited by abhi; 15th May 2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: tweaked the image

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Sunrise over the lake

Abhi

That's a nice hotel room! And a good image.

I wonder what it would have been like if you had taken it just after the sun had set? Would the whole sky have gone a more golden colour?

On this one, I think I might have been persuaded to clone out the birds. They are a bit of a distraction. And I would like to see the impact of maybe bringing up just a little more detail on teh land in the foreground

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Abhi

That's a nice hotel room! And a good image.

I wonder what it would have been like if you had taken it just after the sun had set? Would the whole sky have gone a more golden colour?

On this one, I think I might have been persuaded to clone out the birds. They are a bit of a distraction. And I would like to see the impact of maybe bringing up just a little more detail on teh land in the foreground
    Thanks, Donald. This was taken just after sunrise. Unfortunately I did not stick around for sunset. But, I have a few pre-dawn images that should pretty nice. I will post a couple when I get to processing them. And next time I am going to carry my remote-release so that camera shake in pressing a button doesn't ruin a 30s exposure

What do you think of this version.
    Sunrise over the lake
    I have cloned out the birds, thanks for pointing those out. And bumped up the WB for more orange I have also brought out the land by increasing the fill light a little, but I am that it lacks in detail due to my image being exposed for the sky. The first one already had a compensation of +1.25 EV.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    What do you think of this version.
    That's good. I like it.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That's good. I like it.
    Thank you, Donald. I am learning a lot about post processing with these photos. If you like orange skies at sunrise/sunset you might like the one in this thread. All taken during the same 4 day trip