Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I know.. I need to mow the lawn cc welcomed

Real Name
    james

I know.. I need to mow the lawn cc welcomed

TV 1640 av 5.6 ISO 400 thanks for viewingI know.. I need to mow the lawn  cc welcomed

Real Name
    Al

Re: I know.. I need to mow the lawn cc welcomed

Yep, there's nothing more entertaining than watching baby squirrel pieces come flying out from under a really large, powerful mower.

Real Name
    Abhi

Very nice, James. The exposure, focus and DOF all seem to be spot on. The only changes I would do would be to clone out the small light out of focus area towards the left side of the bottom edge; and fix the dark spot behind the back ear which is somewhat distracting.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Well done, James. I think you've nailed the exposure and the focus beautifully.

Although, clearly, the space around it tells us the story of where it is (i.e. sets the context), what do you think about cropping some of that, so that the squirrel ends filling a greater proportion of the frame? There's a lot of space all around it and I'm wondering if we need to see all that space, or whether the image would be more powerful with less space and more squirrel, if you see what I mean!

I think there's a balance to be experimented with. You don't want the crop so tight that we lose the sense of place.

Yes that was my thoughts, James, but don't overdo any crop. Just a little from the top, bottom and right edge. Possibly just remove about half of that long piece of grass.

Real Name
    Steve

Nice job james. Nice sharp image with focus on the eyes and good depth of field. A couple things to keep in mind for next time................

1. Clipping---if your showing a close up, clipping is acceptable. If showing the entire animal, all parts should be included.

2. Colors---correct colors are extremely important in wildlife photography (and very challenging to learn ) Keep an eye out for color casts.

I know.. I need to mow the lawn  cc welcomed

Real Name
    james

Thanks all,I will try to pay more attention to my crops and colors.