Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Oilseed Rape

Real Name
    Tommy

Oilseed Rape

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a couple of pics I took recently for an assignment on another website...

Your C&C is greatly appreciated.

Oilseed Rape

Camera: Nikon D90
    Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Focal Length: 10mm
    Aperture: f/11
    Shutter Speed: 1/200
    ISO: 200
    Tripod / Head: Handheld

Oilseed Rape

Camera: Nikon D90
    Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Focal Length: 10mm
    Aperture: f/4.0
    Shutter Speed: 1/2500
    ISO: 200
    Tripod / Head: Handheld

Thanks for looking

rob marshall

Re: Oilseed Rape

I climbed Pen-y-Fan last week, and the view from the top was stunning. But the first thing I noticed was a small field of rape about 2 miles off, which totally dominated the view!

I think #1 is a good abstract. It looks as if the crop has been tilted up towards the camera. Can you see that? Interesting though.

#2 is a very good landscape. Strong composition with triangles, good depth with the receeding avenues between the crops. That tree in just the right place. Good structure laid out on the thirds. Yep, very nice. Just needs the Cadbury Flake ad girl wandering down one of those avenues.

Real Name
    Tommy

Pen-y-Fan is an awesome geological structure and I have it on my list!

Thanks for your comments Rob! I see what you are saying about #1 - I think it is just a combination of the way the strands were blowing and the wide angle lens which i was using. It was just a bit of fun really - I liked the way the clouds were.

Thanks for your kind words on #2 - I'll be sure to take my fiancée and a Flake™ with me next time

I think it's too easy to have the yellow burn out in, well... yellow. What I mean is that there is ONLY yellow and no nuance. Also, taking a pic of such a nice field, it gets noisy. I say this because not so much to critisize, but because I have these problems myself, and want to find a way to fix them. Any ideas?