Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Indian blakents

Real Name
    Ron

Indian blakents

Here some photo's of what i assume to be indian blankets as they where growing amongst them.I took these this afternoon at Matanzas Inlet on A1A while the wife was fishing.C&C are welcome.

Indian blakents

This is a cropped version of the above photo.
    Indian blakents

Indian blakents

Indian blakents

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Indian blakents

Ron

I'm not so keen on that big wall of white behind the flower on #3, although it allows the great detail on the flower to be seen to good effect.

#1 is, I think, good, bit the size of the flower head in the image is quite small and the blurred background competes with it.

That 'straight-down' approach in #4 is perfectly okay and is done well, just doesn't appeal to me.

Which leaves #2 - which I think is the pick of the set. The flower is interesting enough to warrant our attention and #2 gives it the attention it deserves. Thanks for telling us about it.

Real Name
    Ron

Re: Indian blakents

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Ron

I'm not so keen on that big wall of white behind the flower on #3, although it allows the great detail on the flower to be seen to good effect.

#1 is, I think, good, bit the size of the flower head in the image is quite small and the blurred background competes with it.

That 'straight-down' approach in #4 is perfectly okay and is done well, just doesn't appeal to me.

Which leaves #2 - which I think is the pick of the set. The flower is interesting enough to warrant our attention and #2 gives it the attention it deserves. Thanks for telling us about it.
    Thanks Donald.Wasn't sure about #1 either(that image was also a crop from the actual photo) therefore the reason for #2.These were all taken on a sand dune and i think i went a tad overboard on the pp on #3.I'll redo that one and see if it turns out any better.I have another photo with the actual indian blanket flower that i'll post because they are very colorfull but there's a blade of grass that kills the whole photo.I will attempt to clone it out for practice but i'm not promising anything great(Fingers crossed on that one).