Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Toggin the Tog

Toggin the Tog

My youngest daughter Becki (CiC's RebeccaLouisePhotography) is doing her first wedding today. Don't worry she has had all the warnings and tips from Dad. Before she set out I took a couple of shots of her with her camera. Problem for me was that she had borrowed my usual people lens and my flash so I had to make do with the trusty 1987 EF 70-210 and no fill flash. C and C very welcome this is not my usual genre of photography.

Toggin the Tog

Toggin the Tog

And yes she really is that tall it is not lens distortion. WireVixen feels very small this days but you know what they say about small packages.

Toggin the Tog

Tried this one in colour too. Hmmm...

Toggin the Tog

Re: Toggin the Tog

She's so gorgeous! (And, why, yes, she does look like she's "growing up") I love (and recognize) her eyes.

In the first and last ones, do you need so much space up above her. (Honest question- I don't know.) I really like the pose in #1 but in 1 and 2, her bangs are keeping her eye so much in shadow that it's a little disconcerting. That may be why I like the last one - both color and B&W - best. Actually, in the last one, I love her attitude, too. What a gorgeous, cutie gal!

Real Name
    Paul

I like #1 the best Steve but #3 is a close second. Nice work and a very attractive model you have there....um so I guess nice work twice.

Real Name
    Jonathan

Very beautiful!...picture, I mean

Seriously now. I liked a lot the last one, the brick background is very interesting.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

It's perhaps a bit voyueristic, but it's great being able to track the growth and development of children of people on here.

Becki - We want to hear an account of the experience of your first wedding. What worked? What didn't work? What else should you have thought about etc etc? I think it could be a hugely helpful post for others.

In the first and last ones, do you need so much space up above her. (Honest question- I don't know.) I really like the pose in #1 but in 1 and 2, her bangs are keeping her eye so much in shadow that it's a little disconcerting. That may be why I like the last one - both color and B&W - best. Actually, in the last one, I love her attitude, too. What a gorgeous, cutie gal!
    Katy I agree, too much dead space in those two shots. You are also spot on about the shadows. I needed the flash to just give enough light to bread that deep shadow. One flashgun between us is hardly ideal. I have had my eye on that Nissen model that Rob has. May have to wait a while for that though too many other outlays in the queue.
    I like #1 the best Steve but #3 is a close second. Nice work and a very attractive model you have there....um so I guess nice work twice.
    Paul, she only gets her height from me. The looks are down to her mother
    Very beautiful!...picture, I mean

Seriously now. I liked a lot the last one, the brick background is very interesting.
    Thanks Jonathan. the last one was my favourite but I did struggle with the PP on this one. I find people pics the most difficult to process.

It's perhaps a bit voyueristic, but it's great being able to track the growth and development of children of people on here.
    Well she has certainly transformed from a teenager to a young woman since I have been a member of CiC. Its sometimes difficult to guage whether I am sad or glad about it. Both I think
    Becki - We want to hear an account of the experience of your first wedding. What worked? What didn't work? What else should you have thought about etc etc? I think it could be a hugely helpful post for others.
    Mmmm, that could be a while off. She was straight out to work this morning again and I expect she will have her work cut out with the PP. It seemed to go OK. I will find out later...unless it's a boyfriend night - I will just have wait in the queue I guess