Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Leaves.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Leaves.

While the kids are at break during their field day event, I decided to roam around and look for something interesting to shoot. It was 1:20PM and the sun is really in full intensity at that time. I liked how the strong daylight illuminates the leaves so I took a shot then processed it in lightroom 3. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to see the bigger picture.
    Leaves.

-------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm set at 25mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/2500 sec., Matrix Metering at Manual Mode, Color processed in Adobe Lightroom 3.

Real Name
    Yegor

Re: Leaves.

The aura of light around of leaves - tremendous!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    The aura of light around of leaves - tremendous!
    Thanks, Yegor.

Real Name
    Bill S

Willie,

I like the simplicity of this shot (which is somewhat of a fresh look from you where most of your shots have so many complex things going on (which you usually do with stunning results!)).

I really like that you took one of the harder times of day to shoot and turned it to your advantage. Most photographers would have just put the camera down and not found this unique shot.

The only thing I kind of wish for is for it to be a vertical orientation instead of horizontal. The leaves reaching towards the sun's life giving power might have been more powerfully illustrated in the vertical orientation. But really, that's a minor item, and I do really like the shot at is.

Great work (again)!

- Bill

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Willie,

I like the simplicity of this shot (which is somewhat of a fresh look from you where most of your shots have so many complex things going on (which you usually do with stunning results!)).

I really like that you took one of the harder times of day to shoot and turned it to your advantage. Most photographers would have just put the camera down and not found this unique shot.

The only thing I kind of wish for is for it to be a vertical orientation instead of horizontal. The leaves reaching towards the sun's life giving power might have been more powerfully illustrated in the vertical orientation. But really, that's a minor item, and I do really like the shot at is.

Great work (again)!

- Bill
    Thank you very much, Bill. I have a "troubled" right shoulder and so it's a bit uneasy for me to hold the camera on a portrait orientation. Your idea about framing it vertically is a good suggestion. I'll see if I can do some "photoshop magic" to orient it that way. Thanks again, Bill.

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thank you very much, Bill. I have a "troubled" right shoulder and so it's a bit uneasy for me to hold the camera on a portrait orientation. Your idea about framing it vertically is a good suggestion. I'll see if I can do some "photoshop magic" to orient it that way. Thanks again, Bill.
    Willie,

If that bad shoulder is something you expect to be stuck with for a long time, I highly recommend you purchase a battery grip for your camera so you could still use it in the vertical orientation while still holding the camera the same as you would for horizontal shots.

This is a purely greedy suggestion as if a bad shoulder is keeping you from getting vertical orientation shots, then we here are being deprived of a large portion of your potential! We want to see what you can do with vertical work too!

- Bill

Real Name

I saw one guy at eBay selling a highly modded vertical grip for the NikonD70 but it's way too expensive for me. Besides, my D70 is about 7 years old! The guy where I bought this camera said he bought it at 2004 and he is the first owner. I'm just glad that I bought a good second-hand camera. I hope the bad shoulder will heal soon as this is the cheaper route for me to shoot vertically.
    Last edited by jiro; 7th May 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Real Name

How's this for an edit in portrait mode, Bill?

Leaves.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I love both of them, Willie. 'Nuff said.

Real Name
    Paul

Nice shots Jiro. I feel your pain with the shoulder thing. I have been battling a torn rotator cuff for a couple months now. I could barely lift my camera at times. Good news is I got sick of the pain and searched the net for home remedies. Don't much need to go to the Docs unless I am on deaths door. Anyway, found some simple exercises and the pain is nearly gone within 5 days. Hope you get healed up quick.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    I love both of them, Willie. 'Nuff said.
    Thanks, Mary.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Nice shots Jiro. I feel your pain with the shoulder thing. I have been battling a torn rotator cuff for a couple months now. I could barely lift my camera at times. Good news is I got sick of the pain and searched the net for home remedies. Don't much need to go to the Docs unless I am on deaths door. Anyway, found some simple exercises and the pain is nearly gone within 5 days. Hope you get healed up quick.
    That must hurt more than what I have right now, Paul. I had this shoulder issue since we moved last August, 2010. It's almost 9 months now and it still hurts. I do really hope it will heal naturally. I'm really glad I can still do a lot of stuff in the house but not lifting anything heavy.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Wille
    Great posts, as usual... which is to be expected from you as a matter of course! Of the your posts, I prefer number 2. But this is like choosing between pavlova or lemon pie..."I'll have both, thank you!"
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Hi Wille
    Great posts, as usual... which is to be expected from you as a matter of course! Of the your posts, I prefer number 2. But this is like choosing between pavlova or lemon pie..."I'll have both, thank you!"
    Cheers
    Ken
    I'll take both desserts, Ken. You are very kind to expect too much from me. Of course I have lots of shots that also goes to the recycle bin. It just so happens that photoshop helps me make them usable sometimes. Thanks a lot for the kind words, Ken.

Real Name
    Bill S

Willie,

Now that I see both, I also don't know which one I like better. Very well done!

- Bill

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Willie,

Now that I see both, I also don't know which one I like better. Very well done!

- Bill
    Thank you very much, Bill.