Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon 1Ds Mark II and zoombrowser to change camera options

Real Name
    Russell

Canon 1Ds Mark II and zoombrowser to change camera options

Hi, I am trying or I want to change the amount of AEB shots the camera will take in one go ie. +1. +2. 0. -1. -2. according to the instructions you have to connect the camera with a Firewire (NOT USB) so I have done so 4 pin to 6 pin on computer, the camera is showing in device manager on a windows 7 machine but it is not showing in the 'C' Computer, I have DL'd and installed latest software, Drivers for Win 7 but when I open Zoombrowser it sees nothing and I believe this is the place you go to change settings in camera and to change what I want to change has to be done via a computer connected camera.
    I am at a loss now as I have uninstalled driver 3 times without success.
    Any help please.
    Thanks
    Russ.

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Canon 1Ds Mark II and zoombrowser to change camera options

Russ,
    Not sure what you are asking here.I have the 1DIII,but I think they are similar.You should be able to set AEB for 3,5 or 7 frames in the camera.My camera you press both the mode and AF drive buttons at the same time.This brings up AEB in the top LCD window.After pressing the buttons you should see "0.0".You then move the dial on camera top and this will set your AEB.I just tried it and I can set it for what you want.Sequence will be -2,-1,0,+1,+2.When you are finished bracketing you need to press both buttons(mode & AF drive) and then use the top dial to move the bracketing back to 0 on your exposure meter or turn the camer off and back on.
    As far as Zooombrowser being used to change things in your camera,I don't think that's possible.You probably want to look at EOS Utility.
    Hope I'm not completely off the mark on your question.
    Jim

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    Russ,
    Not sure what you are asking here.I have the 1DIII,but I think they are similar.You should be able to set AEB for 3,5 or 7 frames in the camera.My camera you press both the mode and AF drive buttons at the same time.This brings up AEB in the top LCD window.After pressing the buttons you should see "0.0".You then move the dial on camera top and this will set your AEB.I just tried it and I can set it for what you want.Sequence will be -2,-1,0,+1,+2.When you are finished bracketing you need to press both buttons(mode & AF drive) and then use the top dial to move the bracketing back to 0 on your exposure meter or turn the camer off and back on.
    As far as Zooombrowser being used to change things in your camera,I don't think that's possible.You probably want to look at EOS Utility.
    Hope I'm not completely off the mark on your question.
    Jim
    Thanks Jim, I sourced the net for an answer and as far as I can find out you can only change the number of bracketed shots on the 1Ds Mk II via a computer connection (only 32 bit machines) to 3, 5, or 7 also allows you to change the name of camera owner, I managed both on an old XP machine. The top LCD screen as far as I can make out only allows you to change the stop 1 over 1 under etc etc by holding the mode/af buttons. I am new to the 1Ds series so maybe I am missing something.
    Thanks Again for the help

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Thanks Jim, I sourced the net for an answer and as far as I can find out you can only change the number of bracketed shots on the 1Ds Mk II via a computer connection (only 32 bit machines) to 3, 5, or 7 also allows you to change the name of camera owner, I managed both on an old XP machine. The top LCD screen as far as I can make out only allows you to change the stop 1 over 1 under etc etc by holding the mode/af buttons. I am new to the 1Ds series so maybe I am missing something.
    Thanks Again for the help
    Hi Russell,

I just downloaded a PDF version of the manual, and it appears you are correct -- the number of shots in the bracket is a Personal Function, and only changeable via the viewer utility. The range of the bracket is configureable via buttons on the camera. Why they did it this way heaven only knows - on the 1Ds3 and above they're all accessable via the camera.

If you're running Windows 7 64 bit, you may be able to install XP Mode which in essence allows you to use windows XP as a virtual machine under Win 7 -- hope this helps!