Re: The Green Man

Great textures Steve. I like it!

R

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    Great textures Steve. I like it!

R
    He's been at my medicine cabinet again. I think it's the paperboy peering through the frosted glass of 21 Acacia Avenue. The Audi is just behind him, and Wirevixen is potting some geraniums, while Steve, depressed by the bourgeois futility of it all, switches into David Lynch mode.

Real Name
    Ron

Interesting photo.The texture of the tree(i assume it's a tree)is great.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    while Steve, depressed by the bourgeois futility of it all, switches into David Lynch mode.
    Either that, or he's been at the absinthe again.

Real Name
    Cheri

The textures are great it would work in a film like Alice In Wonderland or Harry Potter. Cool!

Real Name
    Raylee

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Definitely the green fairy! Don't you know that we O'Neills are all addicted to absinthe?

R

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Steve, very nice! Tree bark on a tree trunk? I love the potential of composites. I have looked through your albums and I like them. In my own very humble opinion, and my own vision, would have liked to see the green man as older, bearded and long hair that flows in to the bark of the tree. I mean no offense. Your picture seems to have a darker aspect?

Marie

Thank you for your comments. A bit of a difficult one this I am not sure it hits the mark now I look at it in the cold light of day

I think it's the paperboy peering through the frosted glass of 21 Acacia Avenue. The Audi is just behind him, and Wirevixen is potting some geraniums, while Steve, depressed by the bourgeois futility of it all, switches into David Lynch mode.
    No David Lynch is weird. Your analysis sound more like a Stanley Spencer scenario. The paperboy is Spencer in voyeuristic delight. The Audi symbolises his own perception of his fragile manhood and wirevixen is the object of his suburban fantasy. The potting of Geraniums is the symbolic act of intercourse...made more poignant by the fact she is planting them upside down. So Spencer presents a truth rather than plain weird

Actually it has nowt to do with any of that. The image represents the Green Man receding from folk consciousness into material form. Our loss of the human psyche that connects us with nature through ancient lore. The beginning of the end?

Never touch booze (anymore) but if I did it would be absinthe Now that you lot have become nationalised and SNP will be making the policies you could start up the Auld Alliance again and get your absinthe duty free. I believe the cries of "no Bishops" was to be heard ringing around the halls of parliment again. You will want your rock back at this rate. Trouble is we sold it on e-bay (Camerons cuts) It is now part of the worksurface of Gerald and Virginias suburban kitchen refit

Definitely the green fairy! Don't you know that we O'Neills are all addicted to absinthe?
    The irish are addicted to anything that gives you a headache the following morning. It makes me laugh when I see the Irish Tourist board advert with a French lass sipping Guiness out of what appears to be a wine glass. It is traditional to appreciate Guiness from a bucket - in quantities that you can wash a bus with.
    would have liked to see the green man as older, bearded and long hair that flows in to the bark of the tree. I mean no offense. Your picture seems to have a darker aspect?
    Marie, the conventional image of the green man is exactly as you say but I wanted to explore an alternative side that is indeed dark - see responses above. I need to think more about this image. I have the concept in my head but I cant quite get it onto the screen.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Actually it has nowt to do with any of that. The image represents the Green Man receding from folk consciousness into material form. Our loss of the human psyche that connects us with nature through ancient lore. The beginning of the end?
    Yeah, we knew that.

Real Name
    Elise

Nice! But it looks like the green boy. You're inspiring me to take a pic of the one I have on my porch.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Now that you lot have become nationalised and SNP will be making the policies you could start up the Auld Alliance again and get your absinthe duty free. I believe the cries of "no Bishops" was to be heard ringing around the halls of parliment again. You will want your rock back at this rate. Trouble is we sold it on e-bay (Camerons cuts) It is now part of the worksurface of Gerald and Virginias suburban kitchen refit:eek
    Yep, we're all nipping down to the border on Sunday to erect the customs and homeland security border posts. And then we've got to hand out all the Mel Gibson look-a-like paint and issue compulsory purchase orders on all the tartan travelling rugs in order to turn them into uniforms for the hostesses who will greet all visitors at Edinburgh Airport.

We're now looking at a permanent price freeze on Canon 24-70 L f2.8's.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yep, we're all nipping down to the border on Sunday to erect the customs and homeland security border posts. And then we've got to hand out all the Mel Gibson look-a-like paint and issue compulsory purchase orders on all the tartan travelling rugs in order to turn them into uniforms for the hostesses who will greet all visitors at Edinburgh Airport.
    I wouldn't get too triumphalist if I were you. You still have some oil, don't you? 10 minutes after you gain independence you'll get invaded by NATO!

And then we've got to hand out all the Mel Gibson look-a-like paint and issue compulsory purchase orders on all the tartan travelling rugs in order to turn them into uniforms for the hostesses who will greet all visitors at Edinburgh Airport.
    It appears they have already invaded Invaded is a the wrong word I think "Policed for their own protection" is the accepted phrase along with the caveat "oil - what oil?"