Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My Nikon D7000

Real Name
    Chris

My Nikon D7000

Got it back for the second time and while it has fewer spots, not all are gone, and it seems to shoot about a stop and a half to two stops over. It blows whites out so badly, I cannot fix in ACR or almost not so in PP with PS using every trick I know.

So, I am going to call them back today and ask for a new camera...if that doesn't work, I will have American Express take on Best Buy and get one from them...I love the wonderful attributes of the camera, but as it sits now, I am having to use a minus 1.3 to minus 1.7 EV just to get a normal shot (though the whites are still blowing out all over the place). I may as well be using my old D40 for the use I am getting out of this hunk of junk.

Into everyone's life a little rain must fall...I think I am in a typhoon!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: My Nikon D7000

Oh Chris!
    I have been drooling over this camera lately & have been saving money for D7000. So far, not many good user reviews on it.
    I always believe in buying something time tested, so that all the potential/regular problems are taken care of. So I guess I should wait more

I own a D3000 & used my friend's D90. The pics I clicked, without changing any settings, were too washed out, completely white (overexposed). It took me sometime to get hang of it. It happened sometime back, so I guess I had to adjust EC.

& I hope you are able to tame this new baby of yours pretty soon.

Real Name
    Peter

I think you are unlucky Chris. I have the camera, shot a lot with it and have tried to find faults because of some of the negative reviews I have read on the internet. Almost every shot comes out as I want it, quality is consistently good and some of the lenses really complement the camera.
    The shots that go wrong are my fault most of the time, either because I am causing camera shake or forgot to reset some of the settings.
    Very happy with it so far and much more fun than the D90, mainly because all old lenses can be used with this camera.

Hopefully a replacement will set you right.

Real Name
    Chris

I hope so...and when it was new, it was the cat's meow...just has gone downhill since that time. I am awaiting word from Nikon as I write this...I told them if they thought it was such a great fix, sell it as refurbished, but I wanted a new one...we'll see where that goes.

I bought a D7000 lately. I am yet to encounter the problems discussed so far in this thread. No highlight burnout. Rather I found the dynamic range awesome. That too in just-out-of -the box condition without any tweaking of settings ( using matrix metering).
    Particularly impressed by AF ability. Bird-in -flight shots with a 55-300 lens and 3D dynamic area mode were simply great.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I hope so...and when it was new, it was the cat's meow...just has gone downhill since that time. I am awaiting word from Nikon as I write this...I told them if they thought it was such a great fix, sell it as refurbished, but I wanted a new one...we'll see where that goes.
    Spoken like a true Canon shooter in the making!