Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Got my Nikon back - AGAIN

Real Name
    Chris

Got my Nikon back - AGAIN

So far, no spots. They did a total replacement of my sensor, cover plate and associated anything that might have a spots issue - apologising profusely for their earlier retitcence in not repairing it correctly the first time.

Where as the first sensor read almost perfectly in all metering situations with no EV compensation, this one requires about a -.7 EV to hit that same mark...it does cause me some concern on other lighting situations where I might need to cut down even more, but will cross that issue when it arrives.

Off to North Carolina and 553 Minis in the mountains for four days...some absolutely nasty weather to have to traverse to get there today, so all give me a gentle push when I need it and a wing and a prayer when that won't work. I shoudl just beat the worst of it...whoohoo.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Got my Nikon back - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    So far, no spots. They did a total replacement of my sensor, cover plate and associated anything that might have a spots issue - apologising profusely for their earlier retitcence in not repairing it correctly the first time.

Where as the first sensor read almost perfectly in all metering situations with no EV compensation, this one requires about a -.7 EV to hit that same mark...it does cause me some concern on other lighting situations where I might need to cut down even more, but will cross that issue when it arrives.

Off to North Carolina and 553 Minis in the mountains for four days...some absolutely nasty weather to have to traverse to get there today, so all give me a gentle push when I need it and a wing and a prayer when that won't work. I shoudl just beat the worst of it...whoohoo.
    Have a great trip... drive safe... USE YOUR BRAKES... here's a gentle push... and I'll say some prayers for you every now and again, and they can float your way. I hope you miss most of the bad weather. Have a blast, Chris.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Got my Nikon back - AGAIN

Have a great time Chris! I am a little jealous, that you'll be spending 4 days on one of the best roads in America. Keep the shinny side up my friend.