Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Model Trains

Real Name
    Al

Model Trains

Some model train shots from the county fair. C&C appreciated.

#1: I also tried to get some shots with background blur, but I only had a monopod (no panhead tripod), so I only succeded in blurring everything.
    Model Trains

#2: The detail on this steam engine is just amazing.
    Model Trains

#3: I wonder about the crop on this one. I needed to get rid of a lot of ugly clutter at the top (off the end of the table), but didn't have much clone area to work with, so I just cropped it out, then darkened and blurred the rest. This crop does chop off a lot of the buildings, though.
    Model Trains

#4: A small amount of motion blur is visible on the train, which looks a bit odd from this perspective (to me, at least). Any opinions on this? To me, it just looks a little shaky, but the rest of the image is sharp; maybe I should try to enhance the motion blur a bit?
    Model Trains

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Model Trains

I think if you had leveled out the table in #3, with the added blur, it would have worked..I like the first one.

Real Name
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I think if you had leveled out the table in #3, with the added blur, it would have worked..I like the first one.
    Thanks, Chris. I'll have a go at it and see what happens. I just noticed there is some background clutter in #1 that I should blur out, as well (just behind the trolley car).

Real Name
    Richard

I would love to spend an afternoon shooting a model train setup like this. What fun!