Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blaast fron the Paast

Blaast fron the Paast

I went up into the loft this morning to dig out some of our old vinyl records for Becki. She has this thing about the sound of old fashioned records at the moment

Whilst up there I found a carousel full of 35mm slides that had not been viewed since 1982. It was all stuff shot when I first got my Oly OM2n. My scanner is not too brilliant and some of the slides had deteriorated a little. I am not sure my photographic technique has improved any These two were a couple of my best mates at the time. We spent far more time with each other than with our girlfriends - a misspent youth.

Blaast fron the Paast

Blaast fron the Paast

And a very rare self portrait of moi at the tender age of 17. Titter ye not viewers - this pre-dates the fully developed Ramones styling that was to come a year or so later (when the above shots were taken). Notice that even 30 years ago this teenie sported the Facebook pout. I had to try and cultivate the wind swept and interesting look to counter the good looks of my brother. He used to have girls hanging around outside the garden gate of an evening...I kid you not.

Blaast fron the Paast

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Blaast fron the Paast

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Blaast fron the Paast
    The search is over. The great quest for the iconic image that encapsulates and conveys all that CiC is about has been found.

We'll reveal it to you in the next few days!

You guys are SO cute! Well, I mean it. What a LOOK, Steve - very, VERY pouty! (and, that's really funny about the girls hanging around the garden gate. Poor you! That's how it always was with all of my blond besty girlfriends - I'd have to beat the guys off for them.... when they asked, of course.)

Anyway, you seemed to be showing a budding photographic eye.

SOooooo, you're feeling sentimental, lately? Pictures of your gorgeous wife and daughter, pics of your friends....to borrow your phrase - "what's up, Doc"? (Okay, and, now, you have to try and replicate it...heeheeheeheeheeeee)

Okay, this Dormouse is going back to sleep.....

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Thank you, Steve. My life is now complete.

We'll reveal it to you in the next few days!
    If this is going to be a shot of Rob sucking a 99 I am going to defect.
    very, VERY pouty!
    Katy that was very hard come by. Hours of watching Mick Jagger and miming along to Honky Tonk Woman and Satisfaction. The other must do was the deft flick of the head so that your hair flopped across your face. This all sounds a bit camp these days but when you put it all together with a studded belt wrapped around the fist and pair of 18 hole Doc Martens we probably frightened a fair few Budgerigars in our time.

Poor you!
    No not at all. Some girls hang around garden gates some hang around bars....different demographics
    SOooooo, you're feeling sentimental, lately? Pictures of your gorgeous wife and daughter, pics of your friends....to borrow your phrase - "what's up, Doc"?
    Actually you are right. I think it is probably down to Becki showing an interest in the olden days After I had given her 200 plus vinyl records (The reminants of mine and Wirevixens collections - I couldn't find the rest) she laid them all out on the bed and took a photograph of them..."My mates will be soo jealous" was her remark. She found a picture vinyl EP of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird amongst the Deep Purple, Motorhead and Rainbow albums "this is so cool....I didn't know they did them with pictures on". It does not take much to get me all nostalgic I'm afraid - its my age you know

Thank you, Steve. My life is now complete.
    Well I must say my pubescent pouting did not usually have that effect on women...

Real Name
    Rebecca

Blaast fron the Paast

It was like all my birthdays had came at once! I was born into the wrong era, I can tell you that now. I should have been a punk rocker or a hippie.