Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canada Goose series

Real Name
    james

Canada Goose series

400mm tv1/1000 av5.6 ISO100Canada Goose seriesCanada Goose seriesCanada Goose series Thanks for viewing

Re: Canada Goose series

That 3rd image, James, is particularly good with nice exposure and sharpness. But I think I would like to remove some of the water at the top.

Possibly crop to a narrower ratio or also lose some of the space on the right. Not too much though.

I suspect that would make the bird appear larger and even clearer. But it is just a thought.

Real Name
    james

Geoff I shot a six shot burst ,and every other one was in focus. I also played around with the crop but could not make it work to eliminate the empty space above yet still leave "forward" room for subject . I try to make all my crops fit an 8x10 image.I feel like image 1 is soft looking yet when i magnify it, it holds up .Thanks for all input.

My thoughts about a crop, James, were something like this, which still retains the 10 x 8 ratio with a bit of 'forward looking' space.

Canada Goose series

I also tend to find that my burst photos start sharp then deteriorate, so I rarely use that method now.

Just a thought about image size/softness, what size images are you sending to this site? The one I just cropped seemed to be quite large on my computer.

Anything posted here which is above 650 pixels on the longest side and over 150 kb gets automatically resized which can make it appear a bit soft.

Real Name
    james

The crop works. I forgot Donald taught me to resize. I just slipped.Today I went and shot some heron using jpeg instead of cr2, thinking I could get longer bursts but my quality dropped severly .Is that normal?Ithink I cropped the 3rd image wrong from start because I wanted the 3 crops the same size in series. Thanks for all your help Geoff.