Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 50 Cents.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

50 Cents.

While waiting for the food we ordered, I noticed this small coin operated vending machine inside and was attracted to the strong red color of the parts. Took a shot and edited it in lightroom. Thank you very much for viewing.

50 Cents.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/40 of a second, Matrix metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Edited in Lightroom 3.
    Last edited by jiro; 21st April 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Real Name
    Gurvinder

Re: 50 Cents.

Hello Jiro,
    A lovely shot. Good thing about a nice photographer is to make something ordinary look right in the face of observer... Your shots are always appealing!
    I was just wondering if you have done all the editing in Lightroom, including the Border and the text at bottom. I was trying to put borders to my images in Lightroom 3.3, and seem to be lost...
    Thanks for always posting the exposure settings...
    Take care,
    Best Wishes,
    Gurvinder... :-)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by gurvinder77 View Post
    Hello Jiro,
    A lovely shot. Good thing about a nice photographer is to make something ordinary look right in the face of observer... Your shots are always appealing!
    I was just wondering if you have done all the editing in Lightroom, including the Border and the text at bottom. I was trying to put borders to my images in Lightroom 3.3, and seem to be lost...
    Thanks for always posting the exposure settings...
    Take care,
    Best Wishes,
    All color and exposure adjustment are done in Lightroom then exported to Photoshop simply to add the border, the title, and the signature. Although Lightroom is basically the same as Adobe Camera Raw inside Photoshop CS5, I'm really now beginning to love the speed and the versatility of Lightroom to help me take my vision one step easier and further. Photoshop works like an expensive border maker now for me. LOL! Technically speaking, I heavily use photoshop if I want to add some elements on my images that can't be handled by editing alone like precise cloning and other stuff. Hope this helps, Gurvinder.
    Last edited by jiro; 22nd April 2011 at 03:21 AM.

Real Name
    Gurvinder

Hi Jiro,
    Am grateful for your reply and details about your workflow.
    It sure is a great help to learn 'tricks of trade' from a seasoned colleague...
    Do keep posting such nice, inspiring, and thought-provoking images...
    Best wishes,

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by gurvinder77 View Post
    Hi Jiro,
    Am grateful for your reply and details about your workflow.
    It sure is a great help to learn 'tricks of trade' from a seasoned colleague...
    Do keep posting such nice, inspiring, and thought-provoking images...
    Best wishes,
    Happy to be of help, Sir.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

An interesting shot, Jiro.
    Is this a candy vending machine?
    Reminds me of the song "Candy Shop by 50 cents "

Real Name
    Satyendra Paul

Nice shot Jiro, and the white border stimulates me because i recently learnt how to incorporate secret messages in white bordered pics.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

It is amazing how you have the ability to turn the forgetably mundane into something which really catches the eye. Great shot sir!
    For what it is worth, which is probably not much coming from me, Gimp has a plug in for making borders which seems a to be bit more versatile than PS.
    K

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    An interesting shot, Jiro.
    Is this a candy vending machine?
    Reminds me of the song "Candy Shop by 50 cents "
    This one is a sticker vending machine, Sahil where you put 2 25 cents on the slot, push it, and then a slot on top dispenses a sticker that kids love. I guess being colorful is a way for them to attract kids attention.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by drsatyendrapaul View Post
    Nice shot Jiro, and the white border stimulates me because i recently learnt how to incorporate secret messages in white bordered pics.
    I didn't know that you can put secret messages on the white borders, Satyendra. Is that something similar to the hype during the early 80's in music about backward-masking where lyricists can actually inject subliminal messages in a song when played backward? Just kidding. Thanks for the nice comment, Paul.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    It is amazing how you have the ability to turn the forgetably mundane into something which really catches the eye. Great shot sir!
    For what it is worth, which is probably not much coming from me, Gimp has a plug in for making borders which seems a to be bit more versatile than PS.
    K
    Thanks, Ken. I heard that, too. Unfortunately, I'm a bit more comfortable doing the borders in photoshop so I got stuck using it. Just kidding.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    This one is a sticker vending machine, Sahil where you put 2 25 cents on the slot, push it, and then a slot on top dispenses a sticker that kids love. I guess being colorful is a way for them to attract kids attention.
    Oh.. Sticker Vending machine. Thats a new one for me. We don't have many vending machines here. Destructive intelligence of Indians scares the vendors to put them on
    They always manage to find a way to break into any system.