Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: RESULTS - Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 15 Feb 09

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

RESULTS - Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 15 Feb 09

Hi Folks,

Well, the results are in ... good news and bad news ...

The good news, the first person to post an image to the challenge thread again picked up first prize. The bad news, it was me (with 15 points). So I guess this time I really do have to thank the CiC Academy!

Second Place on 12 points went to a very deserving image - but I'm going to present it in a slightly different light, since Bill has been kind enough to grant me some usage rights ...

And last but by no means least, close behind on 10 points we have CambridgeBlue with ... Ta Da ...

And - so - for the team result we have (yaaaaaay) ...

1st - Canon - back where they belong (after their miserable defeat last week!) on 4 points, and ...

2nd - Nikon, on 2 points.

Thanks everyone - a record number of entries ...

... lets see if we can beat it this week (again, no theme - just the requirement that it be taken in the last month or so).

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Re: RESULTS - Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 15 Feb 09

Great stuff, love the print picture (I hope the model was suitably reimbursed for valueable time!) as for the result.....well, honours even then. Come on Nikonites, lets see a few more of you this week! At least it will spare you from my PP skills!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: RESULTS - Canon -v- Nikon -v- Others: TEAM CHALLENGE - Week ending 15 Feb 09

I think it's time the Others put in a concerted effort to win, so come on all you Sony, Pentax, Olympus and Fuji users (oh hang on, that's me), let's be seeing something this week!

Apologies to any make missed out

Dear Colin!

Your photos are amazing. I would give you 100 pointes for all.

greetings,
    Brigitte

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    Dear Colin!

Your photos are amazing. I would give you 100 pointes for all.

greetings,
    Brigitte
    Thanks Brigitte. Perhaps we should let you count the votes next week (just kidding!).

Congratz Colin and Canons.
    Nikons are getting ready for the next big win

Congratulations all the winners.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ajith.rajeswari View Post
    Congratz Colin and Canons.
    Nikons are getting ready for the next big win
    See - I told you we'd be back on form when we finally cleared our Error 99's

Congrats Colin! (now that's a tricky conflict of interest....)

btw, can you give some quick info on the techniques used to print Bill's pic on canvas (or whatever you call it)...(like how many gallons of greens you used...you know, that kinda stuff...)

cheers
    vincent

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by atvinnys View Post
    Congrats Colin! (now that's a tricky conflict of interest....)

btw, can you give some quick info on the techniques used to print Bill's pic on canvas (or whatever you call it)...(like how many gallons of greens you used...you know, that kinda stuff...)

cheers
    vincent
    Hi Vincent,

Thanks - you're right - it is a bit of a conflict - I just have to make sure that I keep my "ducks in a row" when counting the votes!

With regards to Bill's print ... it was actually the easiest PP I've ever done as Bill supplied an image that was "ready to go" - all I had to do was raise the black clipping point & increase saturation ever so slightly (to compensate for what printing on canvas does to the tonal range) and "hit the print button"

Can't say much more - the printer does the rest (Epson 7800) (although I make the frames, spreay, and then stretch-mount the canvas, so it's a total "one stop shop"