Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Carnival

Real Name
    Debbie

Carnival

There's a festival/carnival in town. I grabbed a couple shots. C&C welcome.

This is my favorite of the three. I love the color of the sky. I like the composition. I have a personal struggle going when it comes to photographing architecture, I struggle with solid compositions when you're not including the entire structure (if that makes any sense).

Carnival

This is one of the decorations from the Merry-Go-Round. Again I like the colors and the gold against the blue sky.

Carnival

Ponies. I thought the braided tail looked cool. I have mixed emotions about the white pole, I'm not sure if its a good edge or frame or if its more of a distraction.

Carnival

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    This is my favorite of the three. I love the color of the sky. I like the composition. I have a personal struggle going when it comes to photographing architecture, I struggle with solid compositions when you're not including the entire structure (if that makes any sense).

Carnival
    I like this one as well. It says 'carnival'. It's got the atmosphere built in to it.

I think I know what you mean re the struggle. It's like we're sort-of pre-programmed to include all of a building if we're photographing it. And breaking out of that straightjacket is a challenge.

I see what you mean about the white post but I don't know what else to suggest.

If you crop it out you would also need (I think) to also crop above that top piece of rope; which will make the tail too short. So I would probably leave it as it is.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I like this one as well. It says 'carnival'. It's got the atmosphere built in to it.

I think I know what you mean re the struggle. It's like we're sort-of pre-programmed to include all of a building if we're photographing it. And breaking out of that straightjacket is a challenge.
    Thanks. There was a parade today, that provided for some more photo opportunities. I'm kinda please with a couple of them that captured just a "chunk" of a bigger thing. I'll have them up in a day or two.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I see what you mean about the white post but I don't know what else to suggest.

If you crop it out you would also need (I think) to also crop above that top piece of rope; which will make the tail too short. So I would probably leave it as it is.
    Yeah, it'd be a slightly stronger image if it weren't there, but the rope "ties" it in. I'm good with it.

Real Name
    Chris

Or, tone the post down and lower the contrast in the horse's tail braids...

Carnival