Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Please Critique

Real Name
    kristin

Please Critique

Selective Coloring. Does the movement work?movementsc.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by superfoghorn; 14th April 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Please Critique

Because it is not a larger image, it is too hard to tell. Please look at the HELP! page and repost the image correctly.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by superfoghorn View Post
    Selective Coloring. Does the movement work?movementsc.jpg
    Hi Kristin - I'm not that good at giving highly technical critiques, but I am a huge fan of selective coloring so I'll take a stab at it from that point of view. I'm not sure if there isn't some sort of softness/blurriness going on with the larger version of the photo, because the thumbnail looks sharper but I think the image could be stronger if the element that you chose to have color, was a bit sharper & more in focus.

The composition is unique, but the bright part of the leaf grabs my attention first, then I swoop down the leaf, past the rock and I'm dropped off at the colored thing (some sort of seed pod?) My 2 cents

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Kristin

I think the idea of the selective colouring is fine, thought it's not something I'm so greatly enthused about. But that's just me.

The difficulty for this image is, I think, focus and depth of field. Or maybe there's a sharpening issue as well. Nothing seems to be properly in focus, except maybe a very small area on the back of the leaf. That fact distracts us and stops us giving attention tot he contents of the image.

We don't have any of the shooting information so don't know what your settings were.