Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: B/W D'Lion

B/W D'Lion

Hi all. Now that I have my linking issues worked out, I would much appreciate any comments of the following image:

B/W D'Lion

Thanks much.

Re: B/W D'Lion

Woah, that's a quite intriguing shot, I like it! May I ask what kind of plant it is exactly?

If not for the seeds I wouldn't have recognised it was a dandelion. It looks quite shiny too I presume it was wet? Or maybe they always look like that so close, I've never looked that close up and paid attention I admit. I like the depth the higher than expected specular lighting gives, and in B&W it's almost chromelike metallic look. Strangely alien image for such a common subject (usual/common portrail of dandelions I mean), HR Giger-esque.

A most intriguing image Mark and very well handled. I'm not at all monochrome savvy but his looks a very good example to me; did you convert it from colour? If so I wonder if you'd share the work flow applied.
    My first impression was of a monster from the very deep.

Richard R

Zephyrize@ Had I not taken the shot myself, I probably wouldn't have figured it to be a dandelion.

nocturne@ Actually, as I recall, the plant was partially desiccated. I think the smooth specular nature comes from the plant shrinking and its pores closing (total guess on my part though). It somewhat reminded me of dried leather.

rrox@ You are correct, the original image was color. Your sea creature analogy is intriguing, and , as I stare at the image, appropriate. Now when I think of it in that way, I have to smile

To all@ my most sincere thanks for the your kind words and your attention.