Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sakura

Real Name
    Bagus Herlambang

Sakura

Spring has sprung in Japan. And probably the most awaited two weeks within one year by people who live in Japan is when sakura (cherry blossom) blooms. Japanese likes to do hanami (hana = flower, mi from miru = viewing), which is picnicking under the blooming sakura tree, enjoying warm weather after a long cold winter and enjoying the beauty of sakura.
    Here are some sakuras that bloom at a park near my house. I hope you like them.

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Sakura

Thank you for viewing.
    C&C are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Bagus; 13th April 2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: #1 image was missing from TinyPic

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Sakura

Hi Bagus,

You've made a good job of the composition on these, certainly better than I would have

That said, there is one where it looks framed (or cropped) a bit tight; on #2, I'd have preferred the branch on right, and bloom at bottom, were not touching the edge of frame.

Great series that captures the feeling well I think,

Real Name
    Bagus Herlambang

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Bagus,

You've made a good job of the composition on these, certainly better than I would have

That said, there is one where it looks framed (or cropped) a bit tight; on #2, I'd have preferred the branch on right, and bloom at bottom, were not touching the edge of frame.

Great series that captures the feeling well I think,
    Thank you for your nice comments Dave.
    Here is a wider cropped #2:

Sakura

Previously I didn't want the bloom at the right corner and at the bottom to enter the frame. But I think you are right. This one looks better. Thank you.

Cheers,

These are lovely shots. I can't wait for my turn at some blossoms! (The buds aren't even quite swelling, yet, here.)

I, also, wanted to add that I love the quote in your signature.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

A beautifully executed set of images. A pleasure to view. I agree with you that the re-cropped version of #2 is better.

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by Bagus View Post
    Thank you for your nice comments Dave.
    Here is a wider cropped #2:

Sakura

Previously I didn't want the bloom at the right corner and at the bottom to enter the frame. But I think you are right. This one looks better. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bagus,

With such a solid color background, you may want to just clone those extra blossoms out. I see one along the bottom of the frame, then the two pieces on either side of the branch in the bottom right corner, and then I would probably clone out that edge of branch on the right frame - simply prune it right at the Y and make it look like a bent branch instead. Just a thought.

- Bill

Real Name
    Bagus Herlambang

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    These are lovely shots. I can't wait for my turn at some blossoms! (The buds aren't even quite swelling, yet, here.)

I, also, wanted to add that I love the quote in your signature.
    Thank you Katy. I'm sorry for being absent from CiC. Pretty hectic days here.
    I hope you have a beautiful spring too.

I have visited your blogs. They are beautiful. Those pictures were really shot from the heart.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Bagus Herlambang

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    A beautifully executed set of images. A pleasure to view. I agree with you that the re-cropped version of #2 is better.
    Thank you Donald.

Real Name
    Bagus Herlambang

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Bagus,

With such a solid color background, you may want to just clone those extra blossoms out. I see one along the bottom of the frame, then the two pieces on either side of the branch in the bottom right corner, and then I would probably clone out that edge of branch on the right frame - simply prune it right at the Y and make it look like a bent branch instead. Just a thought.

- Bill
    Thank you for your suggestion Bill.
    Here is the cloned out version:

Sakura

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Bagus View Post
    Thank you Katy. I'm sorry for being absent from CiC. Pretty hectic days here.
    I hope you have a beautiful spring too.

I have visited your blogs. They are beautiful. Those pictures were really shot from the heart.

Cheers,
    Thank you!

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Those are beautiful images. I would love to have a picnic under those blossoms. You captured them beautifully. Thank you for sharing them.