Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Inspired by...you will never guess

Inspired by...you will never guess

One of the problems with PP is that I never quite know when to stop. I am still not sure about this so your comments are very welcome.

Elise, this exercise has really made me appreciate how much skill goes into making your images. Having softened you up....dont hold back with the c&C

Inspired by...you will never guess

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Inspired by...you will never guess

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    One of the problems with PP is that I never quite know when to stop.
    A common problem I'm sure. Best thing is to walk away from it and revisit a week or so later. If you think "Oh my God what was I thinking !!!!" ... you've gone too far. If not you're probably on the right track.
    Honestly this one's a little saturated for me personally but the yellow and blue together are certainly a winning combination and together they present a striking image. I might cut a little from the bottom of the picture to bring that yellow flower further forward and give the whole image a slightly more 3D effect. I'd probably get rid of some of the blue bleed in the petals on the left to isolate totally from the background and maybe a little more detail in the flower. Actually its on the cusp for me - too saturated but at the same time fascinating and striking. A thumbs up I think.

Real Name
    Kay

I am a big fan of your yellow & blue together work from last year and this one is terrific - from someone who is still stumbling along at the shallow end of the pp pool - what others can do in always inspirational for me to keep swimming.... just keep swimming...just keep..

Real Name
    Tim

I think it was Jim Carey as "The Riddler" in a Batman movie who spoke the immortal line "Was that over the top? I can never tell..."

I agree that leaving it for a week or so is better. That way you sort of forget the internal mental adjustments you are making to the image, although it sometimes does not hurt to push yourself a little beyond what you are comfortable with.

Real Name
    Brian

I think it looks very pretty, though on my screen some blue is bleeding into the edges of the yellow flower? Not sure if this what you see or if that's what you want... I would like to see it without the blue on the edges of the flower petals. The texture of the blue background is very nice.

It's different! Very striking and pretty. It's a cheery Provence. I wish that the flower was a squinch to the right or more off center. I guess that I'm not quite sure what to think about it just floating there - just not sure, is all. Also, I'm wondering about the "square" that's in the blue pattern on the upper right hand edge.