#2:Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
    img_8741.jpg

#3: Bougainvillea
    img_8751-small.jpg

#4: waterfall
    img_8634-small.jpg

#5: Convolvulaceae
    img_8735-small.jpg

These photos were taken in an Indo-china mountant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boko; 30th March 2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: update photo upload

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Shot around :D

You have a way of framing and composing your shots and they look good. If I may comment, try to give more detail (by adding some sharpness to it maybe) and texture on your main subject to bring it to life compared to the background. I like #1 and #5 among these. I just wished that you made the woman on image #1 brighter and the background a bit darker to reverse the emphasis. Thanks for sharing your work.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's a very good series of images. And, by the way, it's good to see you back after such a long absence.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I just wished that you made the woman on image #1 brighter and the background a bit darker to reverse the emphasis.
    I would take a different view (which is what always make photography interesting). Perhaps a bit more detail on the woman's face just so that we can see some facial features, would further improve the image. But I do think it is an impressive picture. I am also very impressed by 'Waterfall'. I think you have processed that very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    You have a way of framing and composing your shots and they look good. If I may comment, try to give more detail (by adding some sharpness to it maybe) and texture on your main subject to bring it to life compared to the background. I like #1 and #5 among these. I just wished that you made the woman on image #1 brighter and the background a bit darker to reverse the emphasis. Thanks for sharing your work.
    Thanks for your comments, in #1 I increased the contrast into highest as I can, the woman seems to be flatten, her face was too dark, I think I'll try recover her face. In fact, I tried to keep viewer eyes focusing on her shape and her accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I am also very impressed by 'Waterfall'. I think you have processed that very well.
    Thanks for giving me your impression, this warterfall is very big and creates a slightly fog, I took this with out tri-pod

and retouch with CS4

Real Name
    Brian

I think #1 is very good. I find myself staring at her face even though she doesn't have one! Or maybe it's her hat? Is that a woman or a man? I think the photo has plenty of detail in the things she is carrying to keep you occupied, and enough shadow to make you wonder what you're missing.

Real Name
    John

Souvenir Woman-Timeless depiction
    Flowers-a bit blurry but very colorful
    Waterfall-who doesn't love a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    I think #1 is very good. I find myself staring at her face even though she doesn't have one! Or maybe it's her hat? Is that a woman or a man? I think the photo has plenty of detail in the things she is carrying to keep you occupied, and enough shadow to make you wonder what you're missing.
    I have a second photo of this woman, when she's selling her goods. Trying to create an opposition in my photo

img_8756-small.jpg

But I missed her face again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boko; 31st March 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    I have a second photo of this woman, when she's selling her goods.
    Excellent image.

You do not have her face, but you have beautifully captured the face of the man in the car.

The saying that, 'A picture speaks a thousand words', applies to this image.

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The saying that, 'A picture speaks a thousand words', applies to this image.
    Congratulations.
    Thanks for your praise. I'll keep these words in mind when I taking a Photo.