Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Inseparable.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Inseparable.

I sat down near the area where my kids are taking their rides because I'm already tired. I was admiring the view looking at all these people walking past in front of me when suddenly I saw this lovely young lovers displaying their affection for each other in public. They must have been about 7 - 8 yards away from me. No one was blocking my view so I hurriedly powered up my camera, set it to f8 at aperture priority and took about 2 shots. After a minute they were gone. The girl was teary eyed. I don't know why, but I was really touched as they were unmindful of the loud sounds and business of the park and simply succumb to their emotions at that time.

Inseparable.

Thank you very much for viewing. Hey, Elise, this is my first time to try texturing. Still, a lot of things to learn and refine.

-------
    Nikon D70, 18-70mm lens set to 46mm. Exposure at ISO 200, f8 at 1/800 of a second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color and texture processing inside Photoshop.
    Last edited by jiro; 27th March 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Inseparable.

Nice shot Jiro. You can feel the emotion.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Nice shot Jiro. You can feel the emotion.
    Thanks, Paul. I like love stories, maybe that's why when I saw them I can't resist that urge to steal some shots.
    Last edited by jiro; 27th March 2011 at 09:56 PM.

Real Name
    Paul

I am the same way. The way you captured this along with the treatment really shows they are oblivious to their surroundings and only concerned with eachother and the moment. Nice work.

Real Name
    Elise

Great work! Picture and textures both! I love it.

The only thing, for me, is that the background is a little too blurred, or maybe a little too uniformly blurred. I'm guessing you did that in PP (I know you do . . . ), and I wonder whether you could make it a little less on the people on the plane closest to the couple. That's one of the secrets in texturing (mine, anyway), I brush most of the texture away on the main subject, and then progressively less on the things that are farther away in the frame.

Anyway, a beautiful shot, all criticism aside. You seem to have a knack for capturing these things when your kids are busy for a moment --

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Another good one, Jiro. I like the texture as well.

Real Name
    Al

The composition and texture are wonderful, but I have to vote with Elise about the blurring. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I just don't like what gaussian blur does when it's really cranked up. For some reason, it seems even worse when applied to people (as opposed to inanimate objects). I've been experimenting with blur a lot lately, and I like the lens blur of CS5 much better, but in this case, I think the line between blurred and sharp is just too sudden... the abrupt blurring is, ironically, a distraction (for me, anyway).

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    Great work! Picture and textures both! I love it.

The only thing, for me, is that the background is a little too blurred, or maybe a little too uniformly blurred. I'm guessing you did that in PP (I know you do . . . ), and I wonder whether you could make it a little less on the people on the plane closest to the couple. That's one of the secrets in texturing (mine, anyway), I brush most of the texture away on the main subject, and then progressively less on the things that are farther away in the frame.

Anyway, a beautiful shot, all criticism aside. You seem to have a knack for capturing these things when your kids are busy for a moment --
    Good point, Elise. Thanks for the comment. I decided to blur them all equally since they don't have a direct connection to my main subject. With that in mind, they all became equal to me hence the equal blurring. Considering the actual effect of bokeh using a wide aperture and a telephoto lens then yes, there should be a gradual change in the blur. Slowly... I'm learning! Thanks.
    Last edited by jiro; 27th March 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Real Name

Thanks, Mary.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkbyte View Post
    The composition and texture are wonderful, but I have to vote with Elise about the blurring. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I just don't like what gaussian blur does when it's really cranked up. For some reason, it seems even worse when applied to people (as opposed to inanimate objects). I've been experimenting with blur a lot lately, and I like the lens blur of CS5 much better, but in this case, I think the line between blurred and sharp is just too sudden... the abrupt blurring is, ironically, a distraction (for me, anyway).
    Thanks for the comment, Al. I use lens blur here, maybe I use too much. I'm still in the process of learning. Thanks for bringing this idea up.

Real Name
    Gerald Polachak

As all of your shots this is amazing. I like the way the love birds are in focus and everyone else is the same blur. Like in there minds everything is clear and the area around them is a mental blur.
    I also liked the way you finished the edges as if the picture is old.
    Very nice

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Njbowman View Post
    As all of your shots this is amazing. I like the way the love birds are in focus and everyone else is the same blur. Like in there minds everything is clear and the area around them is a mental blur.
    I also liked the way you finished the edges as if the picture is old.
    Very nice
    Thank you very much for looking and for the nice comment, Gerald.