Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Springtime in Southern British Columbia

Real Name
    Rachel

Springtime in Southern British Columbia

In response to the lovely shot from Springtime in Northern British Columbia, I thought it would be nice to see the southern tip of the province too! lol

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Springtime in Southern British Columbia

Rachel, you guys seem to be further into spring than us. Thank goodness for the change. On the first photo I think if you cropped out some of the foreground so that it is in landscape formatt it would be a bit stronger image. The forground in that one does not really add anything for me anyway.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Rachel, you guys seem to be further into spring than us. Thank goodness for the change. On the first photo I think if you cropped out some of the foreground so that it is in landscape formatt it would be a bit stronger image. The forground in that one does not really add anything for me anyway.
    Good advice for me, Paul. I agree. Still, a very nice image coming from you, Rachel.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Rachel: I would share images of our "spring" but I am afraid it's too depressing. Nice to see what spring looks like, maybe six more weeks until we have this.

Here is my response to your LOL My mom lives on one of the Gulf Islands (read warm temperate, climate like Cornwall for the Brits) Every year she phones me in February to tell me her daffodils are out. AARGH!

Good point about the foreground (although I am so desperate for green that the more the merrier at this point!).

Real Name
    Rachel

Thanks for the feedback, I never actually thought of cropping some of the foreground out of that shot, but I will do it to see what it looks like.... now that you mention it, perhaps there is a bit too much and it is a little on the dark side

I hate to tell you guys this, but really, minus the daffodils, these shots could just as easily have been taken in December or January! It's just how it is here on the island lol