Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sensor Dust

Real Name
    Chris

Sensor Dust

Turns out mine was so bad, Nikon is replacing both the sensor and the cover plate...said it was the worst they'd seen in a long time and had to be a factory defect...it was one of the early releases..good warranty..whoo hoo get it back by the end of the week.

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Sensor Dust

Wow - that is great service! How old was the camera?

- Bill

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Turns out mine was so bad, Nikon is replacing both the sensor and the cover plate...said it was the worst they'd seen in a long time and had to be a factory defect...it was one of the early releases..good warranty..whoo hoo get it back by the end of the week.
    Good for you, Chris. I heard the same thing to other D7000 owners on other sites and luckily they bought theirs on a legit shop so the warranty stands. Hope you'll get your shooter better than before.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Reminds me of the time I embarrassed self to the point of mucking up a sensor clean so badly (by using the wrong tools) that Canon had to remove the sensor twice to get it clean. They only charged me a standard cleaning fee though (indirectly), which was appreciated. I kept on hearing things like NZD $7000 for a sensor replacement

What always amazes me with great stories like this - which must do wonders for their respective companies reputations - is that for every "happy ending" like this that you hear, we seem to hear about 10 where they seem to be totally pugnatious in the face of over-whelming evidence, which the offended user then "chirps to the world" about.

Real Name
    Elise

I once took my desktop in to the shop and became a minor celebrity because they'd never seen a case so totally packed with dust . . . when I came to pick it up, they were all nudging each other and pointing me out . . .