Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Herefordshire Beacon mono

Real Name
    Chris

Herefordshire Beacon mono

I rarely go for mono, being just ever so reluctant to lose any colour thats going, but in this one we all know the sky is blue and it has enabled me to get far more detail in the trees than in the colour version (mostly separate PP working, not just convert after)

Re: Herefordshire Beacon mono

cirsscross,

A nice shot! Wondering if you ever consider to use a telephoto to focus couple of trees against the white background? This location looks very interesting.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Herefordshire Beacon mono

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Zhang View Post
    cirsscross,

A nice shot! Wondering if you ever consider to use a telephoto to focus couple of trees against the white background? This location looks very interesting.
    Thanks Yan. I usually turn to a different angle for tree shapes; at present I am confined to what I can shoot from my windows or just outside the house and have to ask the weather to co-operate.

BTW I don't know how far Malvern Water gets round the world, but it comes from a spring right in the centre of the Hereford Beacon picture. It should be called Colwall water as Malvern is the other side of the hills, but got a reputation for 'water cures' in the C19th.