Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "oh deer" WHAT YOU LOOKING AT

Real Name
    Tony

"oh deer" WHAT YOU LOOKING AT

Thought i would try again to upload a pic and show interest by taking part with you all.Feel free to comment as i am learning and dont mind critism, i found it hard to balance the shadows and the brightness behind the deer hence i played with in photoshop of which i am very novice too. happy days.
    Tony
    "oh deer" WHAT YOU LOOKING AT

Real Name
    Elise

Re: "oh deer" WHAT YOU LOOKING AT

Hi Tony -- I'll let others get more technical, but I think that you did a terrific job of dealing with both shadow and light. You haven't lost detail anywhere, either on the tree or in the well-lit part. I really like this picture -- I think it's beautiful.

Real Name
    Tony

Thankyou so very much Elise- just the thought that you think its nice is very rewarding. I must say i feel really good about this site and the quality of other people,s photo,s blow me away with envy and i hope this is going to be my starting block of better things to come. Thankyou.

Hi Tony. A great start. This image really captures the feel and atmosphere of the scene. You have done very well in very challenging lighting conditions. Sometimes scenes that are neither well exposed or silhouette can be problematic but I think this really works

Personally, I would crop away some of that right side dark tree area.

The exposure has worked well.

Real Name
    Tony

thankyou wirefox , comments greatly appreciated and Geoff has made a great comment of which i will try, however i was trying to use lead in lines to hold the deer.
    Thanks so much , this is the only way to learn how to improve and i will take on board for the future.

My quick thoughts on a crop, Tony, was to leave about half of the fence on the right side. Enough to balance the gate. I think that would still give some 'lead in' but would concentrate the scene more upon the deer.

But that was just a thought; so try something along those lines and see if it might work.

Real Name
    Tony

Thanks Geoff
    what you say makes sense , i was thinking of the eye going around the pic but by cropping more on the right will do as you say , focus more on the subject which are the deer, brill.
    many thanks