Real Name
    Guess

The Start of Spring

The Start of Spring
    Once again can I have some C and C. Thanks Joe

Real Name
    Steve

Re: The Start of Spring

I see you are not inundated with C&C so here is my humble opinion.

I like the shot of the flower itself, you have captured it at just the right moment, fully open but not going past its best.

The background is too busy for my liking though to be honest. With the brown leaves in the foreground and background I think it gives the shot more of an autumnal feel rather than being lush, fresh greens that I would associate with spring. It makes a lot more work for you but it would be worth a try to clear the leaves out of the way if you get another crocus to shoot like this one.

Generally a nicely exposed and composed shot though, certainly one to be proud of I think.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Sorry Joe, I missed your post.

I agree with Steve re the background. As for the flower itself, you have nailed that beautifully. Your focusing and and the sharpening on it is spot on, It would be very easy to over-sharpen something like this. And I see from the EXIF data that you used spot metering on it - good on you.

Real Name
    Guess

Thanks for the comments there is so much to learn in photography that if we were to think it through we would take up another hobby,
    but having said that its great to think you are making small steps in the right direction and with the help of this community I might just someday get a lot better. Thanks a lot Joe